Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com - View Single Post - 2001 Impreza L | WRX swapped | Rust repairs and weight reduction!
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2014, 03:00 AM  
RavensFan77
Premium Member

Car: 2001 Subaru Impreza L coupe
Fav Mod: Ej205
Trader Rating: (1)
Default 2001 Subaru MoneyPit (Impreza L)

Thanks!

Since I needed to replace the engine harness due to broken connectors and stuff, the manifold had to come off no matter what.

New harness had more broken connectors so I soldered ones from the other harness....I also installed a one piece turbo inlet and did TGV deletes while it was all apart. I kept the GBOD off too.

I was kinda lazy with the deletes and didn't cut out the divider wall, but I knife edged it and smoothed down that lip on the inside. I also used the weldless delete kit from ks tech....I put on some sealant and red loctite to help make sure it won't leak.

I smoothed and cleaned them up more before install:

Then it got sketchy when I did my first timing belt.....DOHC is a little tricky.

I pulled the grimmspeed crank pulley off the ej22 to put on the ej20....that pulley tool really comes in handy:

I replaced some more hoses , tucked a few wires, and routed this pcv line....the new inlet relocated it:

....and another shot of the engine. Just a few more things to check over and install and it'll be ready.....big thing is the clutch...I hope the 06 wrx stuff works:

Last edited by RavensFan77; 06-23-2014 at 09:40 AM..
RavensFan77 is offline   Reply With Quote