Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com - View Single Post - Rowdy burnouts and loud noises: The Big Turbo LSX/RS swap project
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2014, 04:17 PM  
Ted
2.5L RS-T

Trader Rating: (3)

6 hours of work today was spent buttoning up the little things. Spent a solid hour fighting with the intercooler but other than that everything went smoothly.

I got 5 quarts of break in oil and filter then 5 quarts of rotella and a Honda s2000 filter which is considerably larger. Rowdy burnouts and loud noises: The Big Turbo LSX/RS swap project-uploadfromtaptalk1396221066311.jpg

Once the fluids were topped off I turned the key.............nothing no power anywhere. I hunted around and figured that I should tighten up the battery cables. Once tightened it roared to life without even a hesitation. The idle jumped for a few seconds then settled down and it purred like an angry kitten. I noticed a small leak and it was the upper radiator hose. The clamp had loosened.

I burped her and called it tonight. Tomorrow I'll finish up the gauge wiring and put the interior back together.

Rowdy burnouts and loud noises: The Big Turbo LSX/RS swap project-uploadfromtaptalk1396221430879.jpg

More to come tomorrow.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk