Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com - View Single Post - 2001 Impreza L | WRX swapped | Rust repairs and weight reduction!
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2014, 01:49 AM  
RavensFan77
Premium Member

Car: 2001 Subaru Impreza L coupe
Fav Mod: Ej205
Trader Rating: (1)

--ALL axles have been replaced at least once, some multiple times.

--New trailing arms, with group N front-of-trailing arm bushings already pressed in.

--Valve cover gasket, tube seals + grommets replacement.

--Picked up an RS hood, scoop, vents, and all painted SRP, REALLY cheap. I was gonna get one when I do the swap anyway, so why not?

--A deer ran into the drivers side of my car, yea ran into me. Right into the side, dents from the front fender to the rear 1/4 panel.
All fixed up, new door, and half the car repainted. Here it is after the body work:

--Ended up rattle-canning the wheels. Don't like the machined lip, dark spoke, style.....

How I bought them (unfortunately)

Better than how I bought them....and somehow the spray paint is holding up to the gravel roads.

--Dealer I got it from put some water-thin oil in the gearbox that left me with all gears grinding for over a year.
The transmission was rebuilt and new clutch installed by Andrewtech. They did an awesome job. Got the TIC shifter linkage update, and 5mt pivot bushings installed at the same time.

No more shifter slop or grinding gears!

--New "taco link" front lateral links with new bushings, new rear wheel bearings

--here's how it sat at 130,000

Last edited by RavensFan77; 08-10-2014 at 07:58 AM..
RavensFan77 is offline   Reply With Quote