Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com - View Single Post - Rowdy burnouts and loud noises: The Big Turbo LSX/RS swap project
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2013, 05:08 PM  
Ted
2.5L RS-T

Trader Rating: (3)

So after school I ventured off to the nearest hardware store to pick up the m10x1.25x100mm required to set my engine on the engine stand, Come to find out they don't carry a bolt with that fine of thread in that length. Four other stores also don't carry that bolt. The last place I stopped was Napa and of course they had what I needed.

After getting the engine on the stand I backed my car in and set to work on removing the engine and harness.

The first items to be pulled were the intake box and of course the battery.

Uploaded with ImageShack.com

Then the messiest part of removing the radiator. Every single time I make an attempt at draining the coolant into a bucket I manage to dump most of it on the garage floor. Due to my overwhelming determination to go inside and eat I got the radiator out in record time just in time to grab some dinner.

Before I went inside I snagged a quick picture just because hoodless Imprezas are sexy. My first test run is going to be hoodless.

More to come tomorrow.

Last edited by Ted; 09-18-2013 at 03:46 AM..
Ted is offline   Reply With Quote