Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com - View Single Post - Rowdy burnouts and loud noises: The Big Turbo LSX/RS swap project
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2013, 02:51 PM  
Ted
2.5L RS-T

Trader Rating: (3)
Default .

So the time has come.

It's swap time!!!!

So yesterday around 3 my dad, my brother, and I loaded three deep into the dump truck. We drove an hour and a half to Concord to pick up a 5 star meal at M.C. Donald's. I got a call from Andrew saying that he was going to late. After we finished, we made the rest of the journey to look at the motor. I made sure the engine turned over and checked all the normal problem areas. The only thing of concern was a seized turbo.

The engine all covered up in the back of the truck during a bathroom brake at CVS.

Uploaded with ImageShack.com

We got home somewhere around midnight and the engine just spent the night under a tarp. When I woke up I uncovered it and un tied the straps.

After the intake manifold was strapped my dad hooked the engine to the crane attached to the tractor. I walked beside it to keep everything steady.

I pulled the clutch and flywheel off to inspect them. The clutch is usable and the flywheel will be good with a slight resurfacing.

Next up was unloading the harness. The box of wires is at least 40 pounds and harness merges are obviously not for the faint of heart. Thankfully I'm sending it out to an up and coming merger.

I also picked up a mint intercooler and a nearly brand new Cobb heat shield.

So Its an 04 WRX motor with 90k miles. The only things I need now is an exhaust, intake, WRX fuel pump controller, Walbro 255, and a tune.

Let the fun begin!!

Last edited by Ted; 04-27-2016 at 12:26 PM..
Ted is offline   Reply With Quote