Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

BLUE - JR1de57's 2000 BRP Impreza 2.5 RS Coupe

4K views 12 replies 1 participant last post by  JR1de57 
#1 · (Edited)
Figured it was time I start one of these... Also need to take some more pictures / find some... Also added a few of the other 2 cars... yea I know the one is a ricer Honda get over it lol.

Purpose: Undecided ... Toy / Maybe Semi-Daily
Purchased: 2012
Weight: Not Light Enough
Motor: EJ251 w/ Delta Cams 1000 grind
Horsepower/Torque: 165 hp @ 5600 RPM / 167 ft·lbf @ 4000 rpm + Mods lol
1/4 mile: Right now depends on how fast i push her from outside the car...
Preferred shop of choice: My Garage (Or anyone else willing to do the work for free lol)

Story:
I got the car from a good buddy that moved to Florida from Ohio about a year after I bought his 1999 STM 2.5 Impreza Coupe off of him with a blown head gasket. (My first subaru) When I had first bought the '99 (nicknamed Silver) he was back and forth on which car he wanted to sell. He had gotten the '00 (nicknamed Blue) with a blown motor. He put the current motor in and had put a Forced Air Technologies Turbo Kit in with a TD04 Turbo, Split Second voltage clamp, and Vortech RRFPR and a Walboro 255 Fuel Pump. We got the motor running and started trying to figure out how to get the car tuned and running fine when we found out 5th gear was gone in the transmission. So we started hunting for another 5 Spd Tranny and finally found one. His buddy had the car stored at his house up here and they put the tranny in. At this time he had been living in Florida for awhile and finally decided without paying to have the car shipped down there it wasn't going to make it so he said something to me about getting rid of it. All along i had wanted this car (since before I bought Silver) just wasn't sure I wanted to undertake the project. Also I had been wanting an '05 STI for a long long time and wasn't sure if i wanted to give up on that dream for this. Finally we got to talking and I caved. Picked the car up with just over 61k on the odometer and no Rust. Motor has 90k on it and has had the head gaskets redone and Timing belt done. Currently can't wait to get the car on the road. Now on to the Build...

MODS

Engine:
EJ251 SOHC
Delta Cams 1000 Grind w/ Ecu Tuned for Cams by COBB
Group N Motor Mounts
COBB Intake
Tsudo UEL header
Tsudo Test pipe
2.5" Ebay Special I Think (Needs to be changed!)
Walboro 255 Fuel Pump

Drivetrain:
5 Spd LGT Tranny w/ 4.11 FD
Stage 3 Clutch (Unkown Brand from South Bend Clutches)
Kartboy 5MT Front Shifter Stay Bushing
Kartboy Rear Shifter Stay Bushing
TiC STi Linkage Bushings
TiC 5MT Narrow Pivot Bushings

Suspension:
ISC Coilovers with Pillowball Mounts & Rear Extendors (Fronts - 8 Rears - 6)
ISC Front Camber Plates
WRX Rear Sway Bar
Bomz Front Strut Bar
Rear Fendors Rolled

Brakes:
Powerstop Drilled / Slotted Rotors
Powerstop Pads
Painted Calipers Black

Exterior:
CF Hood Painted BRP
AeroCatch Flush Hood Pins
'05 STI Hood Scoop for GC Hood
Debadged Trunk
Yakima Roof Rack
Amber Corner Lights

Interior:
JDM v8 Seats (Driver Seat Base Swapped with USDM STI Seat Base)
JDM 5 Speed Aluminum Shift Knob
Accordion Shift Boot
STI Key
GD All Season Mats
Carbon Fiber Trim Pieces
JVC Single DIM Radio
Rear Speakers (Not sure what atm)
GlowShift Center Console Fiberglass Triple Gauge Pod
Autometer Boost, Oil Pressure, & A/F gauges (Except no more boost for now so I got an awesome Vacuum gauge)
Stripped Trunk (nothing in it)

Wheels/Tires:
17"x8" 5x100 Gold OZ Superleggeras
with 225 45 17 Bridgestone Potenza RE11a's

16"x7" Stock 6 Spokes
with 205 55 16 General Tire Altimax Arctic

Wishlist:
JDM STI Motor 2.0 (Not sure which one but i want the high revs + Turbo)
17" Enkei NT03+M's Black
18" Enkei RS05RR Type R in Matte Dark Gunmetalliac (may be too big)
STI Interior Swap / Gut interior (Depends on what becomes of the car)
Smaller Diameter Steering Wheel / STI Steering Wheel if possible. (Not a fan of the stock wheel)
Maybe get a wingless trunk
WRX Rear Spoiler / Track Spoiler
Bigger Sways
Fendor Flares
Group N Tranny Mount
Group N Pitch Mount
UnRice Engine Bay
HIDs
Tranny Cross member Bushings

Also Open to Suggestions... Still doing some research on what exactly I want to do with this car

Pics:
Day I got her Home (Man was that a fun Drive lol)

With the Turbo Kit still on...

Close up of Turdblo

Turbo Kit Coming out (Thanks Nick)

Nick's Handiwork...

As she sits now gotta deal with the wiring and removing everything that was support for the turbo kit then fix all the other small issues...

Also Picked these up with Jordan on Black Friday from Zerolift...

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Pics:
Here are a few of Silver and the Motor Pull...

Motor Pull

Dirty Bay...

Clean Bay...

New Clutch while the motor was out...

All Back in...

As the mileage sits now... about 10k after motor Pull / Reassembly

Pics:
And a few of my first love... 2002 Acura Rsx S have had it a little over 5 years I believe

#5 ·
So worked on the car some tonight and this weekend... entirety of the turbo kit is out now... think im gonna strip the interior and clean it.
(Sorry all Cell Pics)

My buddy was hanging out and tried to do the base swap and something wasn't lining up so I told him not to worry about it and would get back to it later...

Gonna take all the interior out and clean the car up...

Most of Turbo kit out...

Biggest problemwith the turbo kit was that i didnt know what this box is for... if anyone has any clue let me know lol ... still have no ideas (Nick i got you pics etc for wiring)

(Not the VC but the big black box)

Box had a vacuum line that was plugged into the intake manifold ,this plug (See Pic), and an adjustable black knob that was in the coin pocket to the left of the steering wheel.

NO MORE WIRES!

Had to swap this valve cover but the replacement i had needs cleaned up so im gonna sand blast it at work...

Both cars together... did an oil change on silver real quick since the weather was awesome...

Gonna start these next weekend hopefully...

#9 ·
6/11/13

Before the hood was painted at Cars and Coffee...

One from the Joesph Meet Still 4x4 status...

From Cars and Coffee last weekend

And One from the 3rd annual ClubRSX Oeder Lake Meet on 6/8/13

I need to go get some real pictures of this car still.

#10 ·
I think I saw your car at TiC yesterday. I parked right beside it. That's one good looking GM coupe you've got there!
prolly was me... just now saw this...

in other words a few pictures from Import Alliance 2013

I really need to go out and get some good pictures of this car lol...

Been keeping my build up to date on a local forum but not on here... gonna try to start keeping both a little better updated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.