Originally Posted by crjohnson
ill be going front mount on mine, 450x300x76 and run the 2.5" pipes under the radiator support bar then up. Really hoping not to cut holes anywhere.. You?
I'll be cutting a fair bit of thin crap off the rear of the bumper support, thats about it i think
Sorry forgot to respond to this. Definitely not cutting holes anywhere on the chassis. I had a good look today and I really think its possible to run the intercooler pipe through the crash bar. How much of the crash bar will be left, will I guess I'll find out.
So I got back to my parents about mid afternoon on Saturday and got straight into it. First was changing the fuel hose path to something I was much happier with. All I did was cut the fuel line further back, just behind the bracket and tada. Ignore the lack of paint under the manifold, I missed it when painting and although it irks me not to paint it, you'll never see it anyway.
Everything except the drivers side (US passenger side) injector cover as you'll see later on.
As mentioned above the injector cover. I cut this to allow for more clearance for the turbo intake. Before and after.
Everything bolted back on, auxiliary belt back in place and a new age alternator cover. I still need to make a bracket for the power steering size of the cover. This is starting to look good (and not like an engine thats done 424,000 km) and best of all it ran with the turbo spinning and all.
Sunday morning I went into town to get some power steering fluid and when I went to fill it up I spotted this. Fuel dripping everywhere from the regulator.
I immediately knew what the culprit was as I noticed the O-ring was a tiny bit thin in one spot when putting it back together. I didn't realise it was this bad though. Shitty enlarged pic below.
As I didn't have any O-rings around I just blocked off the fuel and went on to something I can do. So I cutting the up-pipe bracket as the wouldn't bolt to the head, but it would to the transmission.
Then fitted it to the car. You can see the down-pipe sitting there as I can't do anything more with it until the turbo is bolted down.
And that's where it end for today. An image of today's victims, and fog light bolt and a midpipe bolt.
And I finally wrote a list of things to do as this is something I should have done a long time ago.
And that's it really. Dad's going to the mechanics to pick up the lawnmower and he'll grab a new O-ring for me there. I thing wrapping the exhaust and t-stat housing are next to tackle and well.... getting the car running again too I guess.
And although progress does seem slow, I'd like to think that quality and perfectionism that I'm putting into it is starting to show in the car.