So here is the update from the past two weeks. Last weekend I wasn't up to much so I just worked on the filter fitment. Below is an image of the sleeve to join the filter to the silicone joiner. You can see the line where I've welded the PVC together.
I also cut down the silicone joiner just for better fitment. Next step is air box when I stop putting off making it.
That was it for that weekend. Like I said it was a slow one.
During the week I had the idea to try out some wheels and colours on Photoshop. They're not great but given that I only started learning it last week they aren't the worst. Below are the different variations I've tried so far. Honestly I thought I'd like the single colour more than I do. My favorite is the two tone with the CE28's. Opinions would be great and I'd love to hear suggestions on what things to try.
This weekend I finally picked up only of the next pieces of the puzzle on Saturday afternoon. Got this strapped to the top of the trusty little Impreza, made driving an hour on the highway interesting. On the note of the GF8, I should be settling privately this week for the damages to the car which means it won't become a repairable write-off which was likely given the value. I'll fix it myself when that's done as I still need a daily and am rather fond of the nugget.
So on Sunday after servicing the Impreza I got to work cleaning and painting the hinges and surrounding engine bay. I also did some touch-up work on the firewall as I may or may not have scratched it a while back with pipe.
Bonnet fitted. I've found both this bonnet and the old one aren't a fan of latching without a lot of force so I think the latch might be a bit bent. I have a simple solution to that so stay tuned.
Also found out today that the Liberty/Legacy grills are shallower than the outbacks. This leaves around a 1cm gap below which won't do. I'm thinking I'll get an outback grill and modify it to be similar to a S401 grill with the black mesh behind.
I then just removed the grill as this car hasn't had a grill for 6 months, so why should it start now. As standard one bolt was seized and it too about 30 minutes to get it off.
I then cut the stock hood insulation of the old bonnet to suit this one. It's not perfect so I may source a genuine one at some point but it works for now.
The last thing for the day was the wire in the brake light on the wing. The car I pulled it off had the trusty twist and tape method so I picked up a factory brake light plug off another outback and wired that in.
I definitely shouldn't work in wiring with the kinda quality. Pic isn't the best as it was pitch black by this point.
I have no idea if it works so I'll test it next week or whenever I work on the car next.
That's all for now so thanks for reading