Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

TwinKams L

45K views 339 replies 22 participants last post by  vocalkeny 
#1 ·
Hello to all, so I picked up a gc8 a few weeks ago from norcal, from a rs25 member on here.

The cars a 1995 one owner red Impreza L coupe with 168k when purchased, All stock, auto 1.8L, & comes with the safety package all wheel disc brakes & abs.

My plans are a full 2.5rs front end & trim, repaint it, then swap in a few years.

It’s my daily and already got a few things for it, though I think I may leave it stock until the paint work is ready. Enjoy.

Pics to follow

#92 · (Edited)
Finished the polish on my y pipe & the last wheel well is like 85% done.

Another 8 hours I think of wire wheeling the undercarriage and it’ll be pretty good to respray red along w the rest of the car. I’m not too worried about getting 100% of the old black undercoating off. That’s basically impossible. Without tearing out he factory undercoating which for the most part is still great after the removal job

& wrapped my manifold.

Update:

I got only a few sand bits left, did a slight polish job on the turbz. I didn’t use any carbide honing type bits... don’t wanna go too crazy, it’s shaped the way it is for a reason.

Before:

After:

And don’t forget the waste gate..

#96 ·
Garage295.com
Insta @garage295
Facebook.com/garage295

My garage 295 is my soon to be open to public rental garage located @ New Jersey Motorsport park. 1400sq shop + 800 entertaining area. It’s gonna be sick.

But anyway, some personal goods on the container are for sale!

3x 98-01 Impreza GT factory under chassis brush guards plastic.
Left $190 shipped
Middle 150 shipped
Right $190 shipped

Jdm/edm gc8 turbo cross member $200

Things will be available on fb page topshelf and rare parts.

Oh and this 4th is mine only one w the inside deadening intact

Y’all already know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#113 ·
Yeah, I was mostly saying it looked like an affordable Chinese option. I've been looking at them periodically for a few years now and $1200 sounds a lot more reasonable than where pricing was not very long ago.

I look forward to seeing how it holds up for you.

#121 ·
Correct, they take an OEM sti twin scroll pan, weld a flange to hold the baffle. Also they add a bung for temp sensor I’m guessing. I do kinda wish they powder coated the whole thing after, bc there is bare steel now, tho with oil in it, I’m not worried about any rust......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk