Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

The Pikachu build thread.

18K views 51 replies 17 participants last post by  SoCoNoHa 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi there, this is my Car. Pikachu Aka:The yellow monster.

This car has seen a lot of changes in the years i have had it. and the journey continues.

mods so far?

-full cosmetic restoration with original decals and emblems.
-rust treatment.
-Upgraded front brakes from a 06 Legacy Gt,rebuilt rear brakes.
-Kakimoto Titanium/stainless exhaust .
-Koyo Aluminum radiator.
-Complete set of Silicone coolant hoses.
-Greddy BOV
-Blitz air filter.
-Hks Accessory belts.
-Defi Boost gauge.
-Beefed up oil pump.
-A/c serviced and regassed.
-Oem floor mats in the exact factory pattern.
-Oem Gear knob.
-GDB Yellow/rainbow Fog lights.
-Dem loud JDM horns.
-IPF Glow lights. that glow green after you turn your lights off.(looks evil AF)
-Super rare "Syms by Enkei" rims, with Advan tires.

stuff in boxes?

-Complete set of Dixcel type M brake pads,(f/r) and Dixcel slotted discs for the front.
- Complete set of OEM Door seals, and trunk seal.
-HKS Timing belt,new waterpump,and tensioners.
-Fresher OEM momo steering wheel.
-OEM Shift boot.
-Nos fog light switch.
-Carozerria / pioneer head unit
-stuff i forgot i have. . .

next?
-install the stuff in boxes. lol
-a complete engine gasket kit.
-new OEM Clutch.
-rear speakers.
-Sti optional foot pedals/foot rest.
-lightly used period correct Recaro or Bride seat.
-Decent Coilovers and suspension goodies.

then?
get this bad boy back on the road. :sunny:

This is MY car, the one that will always stay.
the build is aimed at modern performance,and period correct cosmetics. like a brand new car back in 2000. i will be using it for circuit, and drag. quick but not pushed too far. as it is, this car is stupid fast. i love this car.

thanks for checking it out. :D

-Tym.

Attachments

See less See more
#36 · (Edited)
When it had the loose vacuum hose, and was running 17psi? Dat was "Rip your face off fast" lol. but all sorted out? Butt Dyno and comparisons have it at around 300-310 at the crank.

Specs? Blitz air filter,colder plugs, flashed by HKS. basically at the point where it's happy. and to go further would need big changes.

so, very similar to the setup Razor7 is running. he would know, they are fast enough. they just need more love, less stress. keep it happy.Forget big numbers.

and yeah, they will whip almost anything on a twisty section, or 8th mile. which suits my driving style.

While as Razor said, it's no long straight car, But tearing up the Japanese backroads, hitting bridges over rice field irrigation streams, keeping speed between 2nd and 3rd, to 4th? hard brake, gear drop, turn in, and go ham?

-That's what these cars do.
(Best Mark Henry impersonation):projectsti.com:

When you push for high speed, or big HP?
it Just won't work. let it eat no more than it wants to. There is plenty to give.

Haha, it's always good to share the fun.and invite people over to learn wrenching.

@soconoha, anytime man. i might even let you drive it.

#44 ·
Update: "The Barge" is gone. it had too many small issues. (Heater core,electricals,etc) And the Yellow Monster has been taken off the road.

I have collected a bunch of restoration parts for it, and have decided to keep the car for my son. as his 1st Car.

good news? I have a new Daily. and it is Boss. also, i got word out that i am looking for a "Special Project".

not Gc8's but one is a Subie. will share if anyone is keen to see.

thanks.

#48 ·
Thanks!

The car has been sitting under a carport for over a year. since the old lady hit the front bumper and i took it off the road. There is a plethora of parts in boxes ready to go. an i run it once a week up to temp. recently burping the cooling system.

Now? the story and the hard truth.

I was at a BBQ with the local car crew at a painter's shop. The Yellow Monster came up. (previous owner got a Type RA) and i told them how much work it really needs. for my standards.

Boys all looked blank. and the painter? just rubs his fingers in the "Money" gesture.

Yeah, i know.

I'd be in the hole $4k just in body work. and that is before touching anything mechanical. and it needs everything.

It's time.

Like all heroes, it is time to retire. Like Rick Flair, my car only has one WOOOOO, left.

so it is with a heavy heart. that i inform you all. i will be Stripping the car down.
-To build it anew.

With a new body.

The Engine, will get some love. and a clutch. the full driveline. along with under body braces,strut tower braces, brake lines,interior pieces, all of it.

Has a body waiting. time to Robocop the monster. :borgsmile

and put the soul into a shiny new chassis.

Question is. will you guys welcome his new skin?

we are about to go from commando to Terminator.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.