Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

Neme-WAGUN ej2.0g

53K views 467 replies 22 participants last post by  NemeGuero 
#1 · (Edited)
So..
picked me up another chassis. $600 and it runs, mostly!
Still have the ej20g, gearbox, RobTune and iWire harness, stance coilovers (I had just bought to replace my godspeed crap) and lots of other parts... so here we go again!

From the ashes, she will rise!

past build for reference:
Neme-WAAGUUNN EJ18t - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Modifications:
EXTERIOR:
Orciari lip
ganador mirrors
v6 smooth rear bumper
jdm spats
jdm roof rails
OEM crystal headlights
jdm front and rear crash beam
Stance XR1 Coilovers
jdm wagon sideskirts
v6 front bumper
v6 grille
yellow fogs
RS hood
JDM tail lights
STi midspoiler
Syms rep top spoiler
Sunroof to be cut and welded onto wagon roof panel

INTERIOR:
Zealous Carpet
555 type RA seats (Blue)
v1 dash

ENGINE:
AC delete - including evaporator under dash
ej20g v2 STi
Robtune 440 with launch control
OEM 2007 STi 145 LPH Fuel Pump
STi intercooler with metal charge pipe
HKS SSQV BOV
Apexi intake
Iwire Merge
Intercooler sprayer
ZeroSports IC Splitter

BRAKES:
4 pot fronts
2 pot rears
1 1/16 SVX BMC
RA prop valve
ABS Delete
SS brake lines

DRIVETRAIN:
KSB03 Exedy OEM clutch
EXEDY FWSBL02FF Flywheel
Kartboy short shifter kit (TiC)
Upgraded shifter knuckle (TiC)
JDM 4.11 gearbox

SUSPENSION:
Stance XR1 coilovers
TruHart trailing and lateral links
Group N rear subframe bushings
Whiteline trailing arm hub bushings W61383A
Whiteline outrigger bushings
TiC trans crossmember bushings
Group N engine mounts
Group N trans mount
Whiteline LCA inner bushings
Whiteline ALK (balljoints, tie rod outters and outer control arm)

WHEELS:
ESR SR01 17x8.5 +30

STILL NEED:
steering rack bushings KSR202
SS power steering lines
rear differential bushings Superpro
TorqueSolutions Dogbone
smaller uppipe turbo bracket

Attachments

See less See more
#333 ·
heads on and torqued per ARP instructions

killer B baffle installed

while shopping for new o-rings for the pickup I saw that the morroso pickup comes with an oring so I just bought that instead.

HLAs and cams back in. New cam seals too. I broke one of the cam cap bolts so I didn't get to scratch that off my list yet. Luckily the extractor pulled it out.

I'll get a new bolt from the dealer on monday. Pickup should be here tomorrow and then I can mate the pan while I still have it on the stand. Need new half moon gaskets for the heads and then I can seal the valve covers.

Then I hang it, bolt up clutch, mate up trans and drop the bitch in the bay.

#334 ·
Chris, do you have an ej20g service manual?
Reason I broke one of the cam cap bolts is I used a wrong torque spec from a different manual that said T1 for A,B bolts was 7 ft lbs and T2 for the other 4 was 14.7 ft lbs... I found a screen grab from a correct ej20g fsm and they were ALL 7 ftlbs.

#341 ·
well, made quick work of getting her torn back apart, re-orienting the rings and getting it all back together.

moroso pickup

pan doesn't fit

so i ordered a used ej257 pan on ebay which is supposed to be better at keeping oil near the pickup. cuz fuck going backwards and using the old pickup. haha

all this momentum to just hurry up and wait for parts. :/
here's a teaser to keep me motivated

#346 · (Edited)
haha for emotional distress! but anyway, the bolt is pretty skinny for the pre 96 stuff. I accidentally bough a cap bolt for the newer models and it definitely looks like it could take 14ftlbs but doesn't even fit my cam caps. so they're all getting the 7ftlbs treatment.

annddd someone stole my mail so my half moons are further delayed. UGH

#350 ·
What the fuck happened to the site?

Anyway, big week for me!
Since I worked so hard getting the metal to shine I decided to layer it with some clear engine enamel

Group N mounts. I used the brackets that came with my v2 clip cuz they had that cool heat shielding

WRX clutch ksb03

and back where we belong

need some hardware thats coming in the mail cuz I had to upgrade to the 97+ shift linkage.
then trans xmember goes up, then driveshaft.
Then just engine bay work before we can get serious.

debating on the parallel fuel mod though at a minimum i'm routing stainless lines instead of the hard pipes.
SS steering lines
and an AOS
(input welcome)

#356 ·
I had to buy this tool but it worked great!

I'm gonna have to drill to mount the PS cooler. I bought compression tube fittings to AN for the cooler, gonna cut the flare off. Should be fun. The fittings are rated to 250psi and only using them on the low pressure return stuff.

mocking up and measuring

he's eager to go for a ride.

took this shot to plan out my saikou michi catch can setup and PS line routing

wheels don't clear the 4 pots, gonna have to get some spacers

front axles in, and brakes on.

toasty oil filter with the wrx cooler

and this is what I get for buying ebay stuff, no way in hell this is gonna bolt up. I hope its just the uppipe and not the manifold too.

Next up is bleeding the brakes while I wait for the compression fittings to finish the PS lines.

#359 · (Edited)
look at how cute this lil guy is!

I've since cut back the sleeving so that the AN adapter fits all the way on the pipe

ready to start cutting for the fuel lines

Just got this pic from Ray @ AutoHero

this reservoir is from a 94 altima, also made by nabco/namco whatever the fuck. fits perfect

got the 5mm spacers on but now I'm concerned with thread engagement. I'm gonna measure it but I might try to see if I can drop to a 2mm spacer or just get extended studs

#360 ·
still waiting on the tube adapters from the UK so I can finish my damn PS lines... only place I found metric sized tubes. (PS res and cooler are 10mm and standard stuff didn't fit)
anyway, finally got the correct shifter bucket bushings and got the driveshaft up

front sway bar up, I need to get another set of ramps so I can tighten all this shit with car weight on it.

got a bunch of shit powder coated

building my fuel lines on a wild friday night! yeee

fit checking

I like the FPR here, last time I had it by the washer bottle but this hides the lines so much better

lines done! taken apart and cleaned out

hurry the fuck up, dad! We got bitches to pick up!

this picture makes me happy

intake manifold bolted up, wiring connected, coolant hoses connected - i still have to sort out the coil wiring cuz the way I had them routed they weren't long enough. They were routed based on my old pictures when I was taking things apart but maybe my new ones didn't have pig tails that were the same length. they reach if I go through the manifold runners instead of around but I gotta figure out what happened there.

Two outlying problems I'm facing:
1. Whats the best way to restore plastics? I want to redo the timing covers but all the products I see out there are super temporary. I've heard of using a heat gun but then heard i ruins the plastic.

and 2. When I tried bleeding this thing I had a strap compressing the slave so the piston wouldn't pop out, but in the car the pedal wouldn't pump at all. it was frozen and yes the bleeder was open. I pulled it out and was able to move it the way it sits now but I also popped the piston out and pissed fluid everywhere. cool. any ideas?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.