Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

Neme-WAGUN ej2.0g

53K views 467 replies 22 participants last post by  NemeGuero 
#1 · (Edited)
So..
picked me up another chassis. $600 and it runs, mostly!
Still have the ej20g, gearbox, RobTune and iWire harness, stance coilovers (I had just bought to replace my godspeed crap) and lots of other parts... so here we go again!

From the ashes, she will rise!

past build for reference:
Neme-WAAGUUNN EJ18t - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Modifications:
EXTERIOR:
Orciari lip
ganador mirrors
v6 smooth rear bumper
jdm spats
jdm roof rails
OEM crystal headlights
jdm front and rear crash beam
Stance XR1 Coilovers
jdm wagon sideskirts
v6 front bumper
v6 grille
yellow fogs
RS hood
JDM tail lights
STi midspoiler
Syms rep top spoiler
Sunroof to be cut and welded onto wagon roof panel

INTERIOR:
Zealous Carpet
555 type RA seats (Blue)
v1 dash

ENGINE:
AC delete - including evaporator under dash
ej20g v2 STi
Robtune 440 with launch control
OEM 2007 STi 145 LPH Fuel Pump
STi intercooler with metal charge pipe
HKS SSQV BOV
Apexi intake
Iwire Merge
Intercooler sprayer
ZeroSports IC Splitter

BRAKES:
4 pot fronts
2 pot rears
1 1/16 SVX BMC
RA prop valve
ABS Delete
SS brake lines

DRIVETRAIN:
KSB03 Exedy OEM clutch
EXEDY FWSBL02FF Flywheel
Kartboy short shifter kit (TiC)
Upgraded shifter knuckle (TiC)
JDM 4.11 gearbox

SUSPENSION:
Stance XR1 coilovers
TruHart trailing and lateral links
Group N rear subframe bushings
Whiteline trailing arm hub bushings W61383A
Whiteline outrigger bushings
TiC trans crossmember bushings
Group N engine mounts
Group N trans mount
Whiteline LCA inner bushings
Whiteline ALK (balljoints, tie rod outters and outer control arm)

WHEELS:
ESR SR01 17x8.5 +30

STILL NEED:
steering rack bushings KSR202
SS power steering lines
rear differential bushings Superpro
TorqueSolutions Dogbone
smaller uppipe turbo bracket

Attachments

See less See more
#255 ·
with extra chocolate chips!

Dash is in, a cluster fuck of wiring to sort through. Got the wrx pedals in too.

When I swapped from the older style dash (no airbag) one connector on the harness is different. It looks like the wires are the same colors so I should be able to just repin I think. DOES ANYONE KNOW?

this one is from the 94 dash

and this is the one that was originally in the car

Also trying to figure out where I want to mount my boost gauge. Leaning towards the pillar mount.
Thoughts?

And since I didn't want ot deal with the wiring today I mounted my SYMS replica upper wing

#268 ·
Yeet!
So I can't get the damn paint dust off the manifold or calipers. I ordered some wrinkle red VHT paint and I'm just gonna re-coat.

need to hit the junkyard and find some plugs and random crap.

Anyone really good at reading wiring diagrams from the FSM? got a few plugs from my wiring harness that I need to figure out where they go and maybe I'm just stupid but it seems pretty convoluted.

#271 ·
my 2 biggest concerns are these:

Concern #1:
coming from the power fender harness there is a plug that doesn't match when I swapped dash boards to the 93 version without the passenger airbag. The wire colors look the same but the connector is different and the terminal size also seems to be different. I don't know what its for and if I need (or dont need) to splice in the old connector.

Connector from new(93) dash

(black) connector from original (95) dash

(helpful?) reference picture

I don't know if I need a different year of the FSM to find the connector and its purpose but I haven't seem to be able to find useful info about how to find which connector it is. The harness layout diagrams you can barely make out which connector is what and then tracing it back to what it plugs in to is also confusing. I need to get better at this.

Concern #2.
I used the bulk head harness from a donor car to send to iWire for my merge. 99% of everything plugs in the same and these are the ones left open on my old harness vs the donor(merged) harness.
I'm sure its fine but I would like to know what circuits they are in case I can use them to add in fog lights or even sunroof power.

red circle is original bulkhead harness and I think the top connector actually goes to the door harness and the black should be ABS (which I deleted anyway)

blue is the donor and I'd really just like to know the purpose of those 3 plugs that dont' have a home. I'm assuming one could be the ABS and maybe the other is the cruise? (also deleted)

So there you have it. I'm fairly certain none of this is show-stopping shit but for my own edification I'd like to know how to figure this shit out. lol

Any help is greatly appreciated.

#273 ·
Alright, this is actually harder than just tracing out the engine wiring diagrams, but I *think* the black one on the '95 harness is for the high beam indicator lamp on the cluster. If that's true, it's the F33 plug coming from the front of the car and the i6 socket/connector inside the car headed towards the gauge cluster. If your headlights are in and working you can probably turn on the high beams and then check for voltage across pin 3 & 5 (red and blue white).
Not sure the right way to cite the Subaru FSM, but the diagram is here
USDM 1995 Impreza FSM
6-3 Wiring Diagram
Section 5 Wiring Diagram
17 Lighting (Headlight) System
USA Model
Page 51

cross reference:
USDM 1995 Impreza FSM
6-3 Wiring Diagram
Section 6 Electrical Harness and Ground Point
Section 6 Instrument Panel Wiring Harness and Ground Point
Page 85

#274 ·
For the rest of them, can you get:
- a photo of each that clearly shows the number and arrangement of the pins
- a shot of the back with as many of the wire colors as possible

Maybe someone has a better way to reference this stuff, but that's what I tend to use when trying to positively ID connectors in the FSM.

#275 ·
I see. So you use the approximate location, then look at the connector shape/pin count and see if the wire colors match up and then can find it in the appropriate electrical section.

tedious but logical

here are the other ones:

I think I've seen this one referred to as the diagnostic connector

this guy, only one black wire

this is probably ABS or cruise?

this one i had on my old bulk harness too and was taped up away

this one was also unplugged in the car originally

and I got this new relay I didn't have before..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.