Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

Red SHWAGon

6K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  gottarex 
#1 · (Edited)
Here, I will be documenting the progress of my 1993 Impreza L wagon.

Found on CL and went to check it out. Thing was filthy and wasnt in the best shape. Speedometer didnt work, as well as turn signals and the weather stripping on the passenger side is basically falling off.
$700

2/23/1011 - Day 1

FWD and no rear sway bar :(

Dent on driver's side door

1.8L DUAL PORT HEADS :devil:

Like I said, nasty and kinda beat up, but I knew this beauty had potential. :D

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
saved for more pictures..

I'm going to lose track of days.

Had the wheels from my 96 LX layin around took them up to work and painted them black. Much better than the steelies.

2/27/2011

Fixed the speedometer problem

2 part speedo cable. The part that went into the transmission had a cable that had snapped. Went to the junkyard and found an older legacy with a speedo cable. Hooked right up and now I have a 1 piece speedo cable :D gotta love fixin shit for $6.

Fake cruise control?? This shit doesnt work either.. Cant even tell if its stock or not. Sweet no owners manual :unamused:

Radio out my old RS lookin FRESHHH. Notice the charger for the FM transmitter and GPS so I could tell how fast I was going HA

BEST PART OF THE WHOLE THING

#20 ·
How did you remove that small part of the speedo cable out? the one that is attached to the tranny? My speedometer is currently dead right now and CEL is on. Not sure what the problem is but when I pulled the cable out, the longer one, the inside part slides in and out easily. Is this normal for that cable to just slide in and out of the housing freely? Also what year legacy did you pull it off of? My car is a 97 OBS Auto.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.