Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

Jinba Ittai

27K views 301 replies 23 participants last post by  scruff3333 
#1 · (Edited)
Here's my attempt at a journal of my gf Lwag.
It will take me a bit to figure out a time line, I've got pics from the beginning.

Most currant pic:

Updated 8/8/2020

Week after purchased:

Attachments

See less See more
#105 ·
@ twoshooz , what year suby?
Its been quite a while since I did that.
There is only 2 main plugs on other side of the fire wall.

Will call them dark and light for ease.
The wires, black with white stripe and black with yellow stripe make a loop to tell ecu car is in neutral or park. I just ordered a plug for the clutch from iwire maybe?, then ran the two threw the firewall (temporarily to see if it worked) to that plug. I don't think it matters which one is on what side of the plug. But if that don't work, just switch it. That was fairly easy, the vss was my problem. Hope that kinda helps ya. If I can help at all more dont hesitate to hit me up here.
Good luck.
Scruff

#109 ·
@ twoshooz , what year suby?
Its been quite a while since I did that.
There is only 2 main plugs on other side of the fire wall.

Will call them dark and light for ease.
The wires, black with white stripe and black with yellow stripe make a loop to tell ecu car is in neutral or park. I just ordered a plug for the clutch from iwire maybe?, then ran the two threw the firewall (temporarily to see if it worked) to that plug. I don't think it matters which one is on what side of the plug. But if that don't work, just switch it. That was fairly easy, the vss was my problem. Hope that kinda helps ya. If I can help at all more dont hesitate to hit me up here.
Good luck.
Scruff
Scruff thanks so much for the reply. It ended up being a loose wire at ecu for NSS circuit. Really appreciate you taking the time to respond 🤟🏻