Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

Jinba Ittai

27K views 301 replies 23 participants last post by  scruff3333 
#1 · (Edited)
Here's my attempt at a journal of my gf Lwag.
It will take me a bit to figure out a time line, I've got pics from the beginning.

Most currant pic:

Updated 8/8/2020

Week after purchased:

Attachments

See less See more
#58 ·
Still fighting this bitch.

Car will start, idles high and ruff. Lasts about 5 sec. Then dies. iac code, and sometimes 10 others.

Ive cleaned the iac about 3 or 4 times, replaced it with another I have. cleaned maf 2 times, unhooked maf to see if it will stay running. 90% new silicon vacuum lines everywhere, replaced the battery with good battery because I've now killed it. Nothing seems to work. Seems to have fuel pressure, I bought a walbro to switch it out. just for peace of mind and in swap direction, so why not.
Not sure what to do. I've got very little time to go mess with it. Missing something...

Just needed to vent a little...

#59 ·
Try replacing the MAF? After my 99 was modified with Delta cams after my first attempt at a rebuild it never did idle correctly and went through 2 or 3 MAF sensors because of vibration after I trashed the stock air box. I put a spare MAF in my glovebox because it became such an issue. Till I went stand-alone with a 2 bar MAP sensor ?.

#63 ·
Ugh, no dice. Maf didn't work.
Not sure what todo now. Maybe I'll RIP the manual harness back out. Then I'll at least know if it's the harness. I guess, idk.
My mechanic buddy's 3 kids got sick, so hes way behind at work. Not sure when exactly hell be able to make it over to check it out.

Any ideas...

Besides, rush a swap.

#66 ·
Ive been meaning to update...

Have been building a new home. So, lwags been but on pause. Should have been moving in this weekend, (memorial day). Ended up getting robbed. Waiting on cabinets to get built again. (Long story).

Anyway, the manual bulk harness I bought and installed never work out. So next steps to return the altered auto harness so I can drive it to new home. I would trailer it but the fuckers that robbed us loaded up our stuff on and stole my trailer too.

Iv been slowly acquiring parts for a swap I think iv got everything just need to send keener my harnesses to merge. I'll just have him set it up for the manual tranny.

I've got a pile of parts to install, just playing the waiting game.

#68 ·
No big surprise. I've got a set of 255 heads, and a 255 short block with just over 100,000 on it.
Plan is to refresh heads mostly stock at first. Run the block.
I also have a complete 22t. Heads off that and ej22 block will go in my 87 gl10.

Then #5 thrust conv., forged this n that. Then all run off 06 sti ecu, intake, immobilizer. Not looking for anything too crazy. Somewhere between 280 and 350 lb torque.

#71 · (Edited)

Something my neighbor has been playing with. Crazy fuck. 2 454's 2 trans 1 rearend 2 pumpkins. One is full posi the other is limited slip, all connect by 3 axles. Its unreal. He says. " its completely worthless, but it makes me smile. "

Anybody know how to not advertise imgur around my pics? Drive me crazy.

#74 ·
Good eye.. Picked it up for right next to nothing, its in ruff shape. The kid had no idea what it was. Probably donor it out to my 87 gl wagon. I think the 22t heads would be perfect for it, with the 5 speed hi/low.
I'd like to send the block to Dale at motion machine n have the thrust conversion done, forged rods an pistons. Then put my D25 heads on it, swap it in the gf. But all in time, no real hurry.
If you need any parts off it let me know. Just make it a little worth my time an pay for shipping. I really hate to tare it apart, but its beyond fixing for me. To many other builds to start another.

#75 ·
I appreciate that. I'm at the end of my SS ownership (4 in total). Kinda sad, kinda happy.

I don't think there's really any parts I need, unless you had something really unusual such as black interior on a car with no airbags. Only a few 92's had black, most were gray interiors.