Ari's POS Lifted Outback Daily - Page 7 - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > >
Ari's POS Lifted Outback Daily

Old 01-05-2018, 06:07 AM   #61
George.of.the.Jungle
Baby❤Daddy

Fav Mod: BOOOOOOST!!
Trader Rating: (75)

that middle pic is awesome!
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2018, 06:35 AM   #62
Ariii
2.0L Turbo

Fav Mod: Loud exhaust!
Trader Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by George.of.the.Jungle View Post
that middle pic is awesome!
Thanks! I thought that one was the only decent one too haha

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk
Old 01-05-2018, 08:03 PM   #63
bue car

Fav Mod: Which car?
Trader Rating: (173)

I measured the rod end, we have 3/4 inch on hand. Comes out the 18.96~19mm both threads and eye hole. I can email some pics if you need.
Old 01-06-2018, 01:57 AM   #64
Ariii
2.0L Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bue car View Post
I measured the rod end, we have 3/4 inch on hand. Comes out the 18.96~19mm both threads and eye hole. I can email some pics if you need.
Thanks man I might not need the pics, is 11/16 inch the next size below 3/4? It seems like that has to be the size I have on mine... Not sure about it tho

Old 01-06-2018, 10:43 AM   #65
bue car

Oh the lateral links, maybe they are smaller. I wonder if the rattle comes from a standard size on a metric bolt. I know most of these companies don't use metric rod ends
Old 01-06-2018, 01:13 PM   #66
Ariii
2.0L Turbo

Quote:
Oh the lateral links, maybe they are smaller. I wonder if the rattle comes from a standard size on a metric bolt. I know most of these companies don't use metric rod ends
Nah I've literally seen the play in the joint, even though it might have some play in the bolts I don't think so

Old 01-06-2018, 02:06 PM   #67
bue car

I wonder if the colder temps do not help, like if the metal is shrinking allowing more space.
Old 01-06-2018, 02:35 PM   #68
Ariii
2.0L Turbo

Quote:
I wonder if the colder temps do not help, like if the metal is shrinking allowing more space.
Posibly, but honestly it seems like I should have lubed them cauae the look kinda bad. But mostly, one of the rings that seems to support the joint gas come loose, maybe its just cause the joint developed play and the banging got it loose but idk

Old 01-08-2018, 04:10 PM   #69
Ariii
2.0L Turbo

First pair of leds came in today. These are somewhere around 30w I think, spot lights. I'll have to wait for the other pair to figure out mounting but I think I'm gonna go with the orginal fog light area, and then mount the bigger ones on the bar closer to the big fogs

Now the car has been annoying for as long as I remember in a way that it tends to randomly lose power without starting to misfire, just doesnt deliver full power. Never bothered me enough to fix it since it just happened sometimes. As of lately it hasn't been as annoying, just really fucking annoying... And obviously the heavier tires aren't helping... So every morning when I drive to work it tends to struggle keeping as much as 90km/h for some time. After work today I went out and started it up, it idled at 1500rpm for a few seconds and then completely died. It did that a couple times until I held it at 2000rpm and reved it alittle, seemed to be good but then started misfiring and struggling to idle. When I drove it on proper throttle, fine, let go of the gas, horrible. Drove it home like that and checked the codes. Turns out its the MAF sensor. When I took it out to clean it I realised that I'm using parts from two different air filter housings so they don't seal properly. The lid/MAF housing was full of dried sand like dust/dirt so no surprise that the MAF was bad. I tried cleaning it with brake cleaner and whatnot but nothing worked.

I managed to borrow another one, but tomorrow I'm gonna see if some junkyards might have the sensor and the correct filter housing parts. Amazingly none of my partscars (3 current and 2 already stripped and thrown away) had MAFs so no help there... But I'm guessing this will sort the random powerloss and the dirt has just been slowly building up in the sensor, or atleast that would be really convinient.

This is after I tried rinsing the housing with tar remover and hot water so you can imagine the dirt in the sensor

Old 01-10-2018, 12:24 AM   #70
bue car

Just slap a cone filter on it?