Ari's POS Lifted Outback Daily - Page 43 - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > >
Ari's POS Lifted Outback Daily

Old 04-03-2019, 02:36 PM   #421
Ariii
2.0L Turbo

Fav Mod: Loud exhaust!
Trader Rating: (0)

The wrap came in today. They sent some pretty funny notes with it aswell as a super cheap plastic scraper and some samples. I tested one of the samples and as expected, the film/wrap basicly doesn't stretch at all. Its possible to stretch it a little bit with heat but not much. I already knew this by watching some vids and stuff, so its not a surprise, but I'll admit it'll probably be worse to work with than I had hoped. Should still work, I don't expect the car to look perfect and I'm fine with having to do bumpers and stuff in few parts/have visible seams and minor imperfections.

This is just hilarious, these chinese sellers are something else, lol. I bet they sent that pink note with every order just in case. And those user names, skype especiallyAri's POS Lifted Outback Daily

Atleast it is the correct colour. Can't really tell much about quality yet but I expect it to be minimal.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2019, 03:16 AM   #422
bue car

Fav Mod: Which car?
Trader Rating: (173)

hotdog-777
Old 04-04-2019, 01:41 PM   #423
Ariii
2.0L Turbo

If you're keeping up with my other journal aswell, and I know most if not all of you are, this is gonna be a partial double post. But, I added workbenches and fixed some lights, so the old cowshed is slowly turning into a nice little work space. Still a bit cold but thats alright.

Aaaaand, the main update, the car runs fine again. I started it up to move it out of the way when I was fixing the ceiling lights earlier and it was all good, lol. I figured the issue was something simple, and had to do with the ignition, probably the spark plug wires, but I didn't quite expect it to fix it self. Either way, I had still turned in the license plates so its off the roads until the swap gets done, the plan is still the same, but since the car runs good I could still go for some runs up and down the fields here if I wanted, its more fun offroad anyway so no need to have it regestered for now

Old 04-06-2019, 03:09 AM   #424
bue car

Propane heater!
Old 04-06-2019, 03:18 AM   #425
Ariii
2.0L Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bue car View Post
Propane heater!
We have a bigass prophane heater in there, I just don't feel like wasting the gas for a little more heat when I'm okay with the cold

Old 04-07-2019, 01:03 PM   #426
Ariii
2.0L Turbo

We tested the vinyl on a door today. Went surprisingly well, but obviously the door is pretty flat and simple, no curves or nothing so that probably kept us sane. The paint had some damage like rock chips and clear coat chips but I decided to just go ahead and wrap over it all and hope for the best. Its not perfect, and there some spots that look like they have dirt/sand under the wrap, I guess that might just be damage in the clear coat or rock chip, idk. That really doesn't bother me at all and I'm really happy with how this turned out. We still have to properly tuck and glue down the insides, but thats really the only thing I'm worried about so far. That and that the wrap will bubble or some where the rock chips and damages are.

Super excited for this colour

Old 04-07-2019, 02:12 PM   #427
scruff3333
Premium Member

Fav Mod: broken motor
Trader Rating: (10)

Looks like it went on there well. Wonder how well itll hold up?
Old 04-07-2019, 06:38 PM   #428
bue car

not too bad.
Old 04-08-2019, 12:45 PM   #429
Ariii
2.0L Turbo

Yeah it wasn't to bad getting it on there, worst part imo was tucking it on the inside and doing the corners, those don't look to good from the inside, but thats alright by me. The Impreza has a pretty simple body style luckily, I bet if this was a car with more curves a chinese vinyl would have been horrible to get on there.

But yeah, definitely a tad worried how its gonna hold up, especially with the rock chips underneath...

Old 04-19-2019, 01:17 PM   #430
Ariii
2.0L Turbo

Super good progress to day!

This side needs some work. The whole front face is a mess after some old collision repair... Its starting to rust from all the seams and the strut tower is complete shit. I should really redo the whole front but for now I think I'll just fix the strut tower and deal with the rest later. Thats gonna be the only way I'll actually have it done before june like I was hoping for

Really happy with the progress today and getting super excited for more! Wiring is also starting to look like a piece of cake *knocks on wood*