Ari's POS Lifted Outback Daily - Page 13 - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > >
Ari's POS Lifted Outback Daily

Old 02-01-2018, 06:45 AM   #121
George.of.the.Jungle
Baby❤Daddy

Fav Mod: BOOOOOOST!!
Trader Rating: (75)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariii View Post
Should take a holiday and visit Iceland if you ever get a chance to
it's most definitely on the list of places the wife and i plan to visit.
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2018, 02:15 PM   #122
Ariii
2.0L Turbo

Fav Mod: Loud exhaust!
Trader Rating: (0)

Well, had an annoying monday to start off the week. Rear ended some old lady at a "red" light and crushed my fogs... No other damage as it was a rather slow collision, her car did almost only have a minor scratches after the bull bar and a small cut after the broken glass. Also some plastic thing on the bumper got losened alittle.

So now I'm fog less which is kinda weird, but still doesn't look too bad. Now the square led fogs might look better lol.

BUT, there are possible good news too. My buddy who is a tow truck driver for a big junkyard/partssale in Reykjavík, offered me a 2.5l na engine he owns for 150$ or so. I mentioned that I might go with turboing my ej22 and get a spare one in case it would blow up. He offered me a ej22 too along with the ej25 for cheap too, so that was really cool and I was really starting to plan on possibly dropping in a ej25 for some time and prep an ej22 for turbo in the meantime.

And then, a Tribeca popped up in the port at his work. I asked him if it had the engine still which it did. He checked the price for me and apperantly it can be had with the ecu for 500-600 bucks, which is waay cheaper than what I have seen online. On ebay they are usually listed for 1000$ and then plus shipping and 24% vat. Only thing is that the car doesnt have any collision damage or an obvious reason for being in a scrap yard. The dash was all teared out and nobody knows anything about the car or the engine. I'm gonna check with the previous owner tomorrow and see whats up with it. If the engine is good I'll probably jump on it. It's a 2006 245hp EZ30 as far as I know. Would be so freaking ideal for this car. I'll update you further tomorrow!

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk
Old 02-16-2018, 05:14 AM   #123
Ariii
2.0L Turbo

Well, managed to get a hold of the previous owner yesterday. Apperantly the car had been having issues for years and as an attempt to fix the thing she spent about 5000$ or something on getting it fixed at a shop. She said the fixed everything but the engine and that the guys told here the head was either done or on its way out, cant remember. It was to expensive to fix so she decided to use the car until it would give up, did that for a year and then it stopped driving. She could reverse a little but not go forward, the engine would start and run. So I'm guessing it had transmission issues. When I asked her she said it never overheated and it never needed coolant added. At that point I'm not sure how the shop got to the conclusion that the head was done but I'd assume it needs new head gaskets. I've heard they are prone to fail but never heard of broken heads.

Now if its just the gaskets thats fine, cause I intended to change them out anyway. But since the engine isn't im proper condition I can get it for 350$, and if I come by myself I can take out the harness and keep it. Now I just gotta plan how/when I'm gonna get the stuff since its a 4-5 hour drive.

So, I'm buying a EZ30

Old 02-16-2018, 06:02 AM   #124
TerryJr
Experimenter

Fav Mod: AAA Premier

Id forget about that EZ30, they had immobilzers, that swap would be a lot more work than you think
Old 02-16-2018, 06:05 AM   #125
Ariii
2.0L Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryJr View Post
Id forget about that EZ30, they had immobilzers, that swap would be a lot more work than you think
It's been done before, I think. I know it would be a pita, but I still don't want to bail on it. I had thoughts about running it off a spare ms2 I have sitting around, but it might not be able to control the VVT/VVL.. Still something that should be possible to get done I'm sure

Old 02-16-2018, 06:12 AM   #126
TerryJr
Experimenter

oh its doable, just figured I'd warn ya since your kinda on an island where getting parts isnt as easy as some places.
Old 02-16-2018, 06:16 AM   #127
Ariii
2.0L Turbo

Quote:
oh its doable, just figured I'd warn ya since your kinda on an island where getting parts isnt as easy as some places.
Haha, kinda on an island lol. That is true. Thanks for the warning, appreciate it. But yeah I realised it would be a difficult swap with a lot of wiring issues, and I would have prefered an EG33 for that aspect. But this is just a deal that I feel like I have to take, might be more along my budget even tho itll cost some work. Besides, I'm very used to buying stuff from overseas by now so that doesn't bother me

Old 02-16-2018, 06:40 AM   #128
TerryJr
Experimenter

if you could "borrow" the complete Tribeca it would be much easier. I think they are also open source tuneable.
Old 02-16-2018, 06:47 AM   #129
Ariii
2.0L Turbo

Quote:
if you could "borrow" the complete Tribeca it would be much easier. I think they are also open source tuneable.
I can get everything I want from it I'm sure, could you add to the list of stuff that would make this easier?

Old 02-16-2018, 07:40 AM   #130
TerryJr
Experimenter

youll need at least the igniton, the key, wiring from there to ecu, i beleives theres a seperate immobilzer box, and all that wiring. probably want the power steering pump and lines, exhaust naturally, wiring to the o2 sensors. Just a couple things i can think of. Ive never done a swap like that though but im sure theres some documented case around somewhere. Some outbacks used EZ30's pre emobilzer days, maybe an ecu from one of those could help lighten the process but im completely uncertain