Since I'm pretty bad about keeping this updated as I move along, here's another large update over the last week or so.
Once the main hoop support bars were done I started on the rear bars, I managed to knock all six out in one night. I must have gotten lucky with all the measurements..
I'm kind of stupid when it comes to gravity and welding..
Then I started on the optional front windshield reinforcement bars
They came out pretty good on the first try which is always nice.
I realized I needed to drop the cage one more time to weld those in though.
So, I dropped the cage again and welded the rear stays on and the windshield bars into place and put it back into place.
Then came the sill bars.
Those were probably the easiest bars so far, simple 90 degree notches and no bends, what's not to love.
And since I can't really use my stock dashbar since I wanted to tuck the front laterals up so far I started on one.
I roughly followed the same pattern as the stock bar and it sits at the same height, I can still get the stock heater core in and out without an issue and the blower motor.
The dash seems like it will fit without too much of an issue but I'll see about that later on.
I started on the optional front intrusion bar/strut tower tie in
These were pretty crappy to make fit right and get them fully welded into place and in a position where I can still use the blower box without too much trimming.
That's a pretty crappy picture but they tuck nicely against the side of the car and meet the center of the strut tower.
and then today, I spent about ten hours welding all the bars in.
Every bar in there is fully welded into place and to the cage boxes.
The only thing left are the door bars, a pillar supports, harness bars, and gussets for the cage to be complete.
I also primed the top of the cage/ sides that will be almost impossible to get at once it's in place with some weld through primer. Hopefully that can help with surface rust on this thing.