You should push the cage out into the doors for safety, not build the cage around the door cards per say. So you may be tossing them sooner than you think.
Also a heat gun, scraper and wipe up up residue with Goof Off! is much cheaper than watching your money go up in smoke, literally
Dry ice on my first car sucked, next 3 after that I did heat.
Keep it up though!!
Yeah I wouldn't change anything on the cage for something like interior pieces, more than likely I'll end up making door cards out of some HDPE sheets.
I'll probably be using heat in the future as well. The Dry ice removed the large sections fairly easily and was only around 30 dollars worth, but I had to go through with heat and clean up all the residue left behind afterwards anyway so it didn't make much of a difference in the end.
I definitely got a litttle carried away with the spot weld cutter and had to fill in quite a few holes the next day after I went completely through the floor a few times.
Then I decided to start on the pin stand mounts
I only got the fronts done since I need to take care of some rust in the rear portion of the rocker panel before I can make the mounts in the rear.
I went a little overkill on them with 1.5" .095 tubes, but after reading some stories of bent pins from guys that went with 1" tube and .75" pins I decided to go bigger and this is what I had laying around. 1.25" tube should fit in there well with the .060 clearance too, but I'll figure that out when I actually go and make the stands.
Then I mounted and welded up the reinforcements plates I got from rally.build.
Thinking about it after the fact I should have just stitch welded them in place and left about an inch of un-welded area every few inches. Anyway the welds look pretty terrible on them, I'm still trying to get the hang of welding thick plate to this 20g steel.... or I guess that's the best excuse I can come up with lol.
Currently I only got the fronts in since I want to pull the rear glass for better access before I attempt those.
And today I began the cage construction with the main hoop.
I'm happy with how it turned out. I wanted it to be as tight to the chassis as possible so in the event I wreck it maybe there will be less damage . It could have been a little tighter, but as long as I can get around it all to weld it I'm happy with it.
The cage is just sitting in there for now, I'm going to start on the rear boxes tomorrow so I can tack it into place.