Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

Terry's Tube-a-Ruu 400hp Exotruck

242K views 2K replies 58 participants last post by  22bster 
#1 · (Edited)
My 98 Forester is rusting bad. But rather than buy another shell to swap my motor into. Im going to just build a tube car around the Forester drivetrain. I have started to tear apart the car. Everything from the drivetrain will be used. For now even the stock gas tank, suspension and crossmembers will be used as my initial focus will be to get PA tags and registration for it to make it STREET LEGAL. The end goal is a 400whp AWD Street buggy. It will also give me lots of future things to do. Like a finished project thats never finished.

Old Thread Terry's 415whp Forester diy budget build. About to be retired. - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Current situation - Prepping for Road Course awesomeness

Driveline Specs:
Ej206 Stock longblock
2.5i Manifold
IAG Rails with 950cc injectors
Aeromotive FPR, set to 55psi base
Walbro 450
Legacy Outback 5mt
Southbend Stage 3 Ceramic Clutch
Borg Warner S252sx-e Turbo
Perrin FMIC
3" TBE to a Magnaflow Camaro Muffler
AWD
05 impreza 2.5rs front axles because shorter

Wish List:
92mm forged slugs
H-beam rods
Group N Motor Mounts
TS Rear Diff Mounts
Hydraulic Hand brake
265/35-18 Stickies
6 speed, derrrr

Attachments

See less See more
#226 · (Edited)
aerodynamics has certainly been a lingering thought. I'm not worried too much about it though, its not a track car, as long as i dont feel like a newspaper on the highway then i probably wont do much of anyhting. Maybe some small panels on either side of fmic with those lil spoiler things on them

sorta like this

#231 · (Edited)
I had an idea on the bed on my way home yesterday and just sketched it up. The wood is for Brian but i can use anything really, it will have an angle frame all around it to set the floor on. I have a ton of stainless steel perf strips laying around so i added some on the tops on the side rails.

#246 ·
I think it will look good once its all white. Thats stainless perf so i dont have to worry about getting good paint coverage in all the lil holes. Aluminum would be nice but its a little harder for me to get without buying and i cant weld it to the steel.

I ordered 100 of these yesterday to mount the translucent white acylic sheets into the door bar areas and that bigger triangle behind door

got the ones with 3/8 holes