Luke's Green GF8 Wagon - To 400k and beyond - Page 9 - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > >
Luke's Green GF8 Wagon - To 400k and beyond

Old 07-16-2019, 12:49 PM   #81
scruff3333
Premium Member

Fav Mod: broken motor
Trader Rating: (10)

"buy my dream attainable car."

??

More info, please.
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2019, 02:33 PM   #82
LYH45
2.2L

Fav Mod: WRX 5 Spokes
Trader Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnxx View Post
Ugh. That sucks. I dread that happening to my car. Good luck with whichever direction you decide on for the project and keep us posted.
Yeah it sucks. But I look at it this way. I've given the car a few good years and it wasn't me who wrecked it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scruff3333 View Post
"buy my dream attainable car."

??

More info, please.
Second last paragraph. But it's a WRB Bugeye WRX wagon.
LYH45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 05:42 PM   #83
scruff3333
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LYH45 View Post

Second last paragraph. But it's a WRB Bugeye WRX wagon.
Ha, my bad. Right in front of me.
Old 08-05-2019, 02:01 AM   #84
LYH45
2.2L

So update.

So over the past few weeks I've been thinking what was going to happen to the car. Whether I would fix it or get another car. The conclusion I came to was that I had to fix it. This car has been reliable as hell and is as weird as it is to say, it's honestly been a good friend and an escape for me. I figure a few of you can understand how easy it is to get attached to these cars.

Today I settled with the guy who hit me for $2600. This is $400 more than I paid for the car so I think I came out of it okay. The best part of this is that it still has a clean title. The plan is to buy a new tailgate and bumper in the same colour so I don't have to deal with paint. I'll also need a new drivers light and probably a crash bar but they're easy to come by.

In regards to the damage to the floor pan, I'm going to do my best to fix it with a tree, a ratchet strap, varies G clamps and other assorted tools. I honestly think that I can get it back to how it was or close enough that only I would know. If not I'm prepared to take it to a frame shop to get it right. I'm estimating that all of this with cost between $600-$1000. That should leave me with a little money to buy some parts I've been after for a while and do any preventative maintenance that might be needed.

Anyway last weekend I did an oil change at 376,500km and this weekend I just gave the car a wash and clean as I have neglected it for about 2 months which isn't great. Still cleans up alright.

Stay tuned for the future repairs of this car. Hopefully it won't take to long the source the parts

Thanks for reading,
Luke
Old 08-05-2019, 08:14 AM   #85
scruff3333
Premium Member

Sounds like a good plan.
Gotta love your subaru.
Old 08-05-2019, 09:18 AM   #86
FXTrev
2.5L

Fav Mod: Suspension

Good to hear! Looking forward to the progress reports. Hope it's not too bad to fix.
FXTrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 09:56 AM   #87
Bast
2.0L Turbo

Fav Mod: Prodrive all things
Trader Rating: (4)

Glad it's sticking around!
Old 08-05-2019, 06:02 PM   #88
johnxx
2.5L

Car: '96 OBS
Fav Mod: EJ204!
Trader Rating: (2)

It's easy to fall in with these cars and make some not 100% logical choices. I know from experience. Whether you made the right choice or not, you probably made the same one I would have for what it's worth. Best of luck!
johnxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 12:59 AM   #89
bue car

Fav Mod: Which car?
Trader Rating: (173)

^ well said
Old 08-09-2019, 10:38 PM   #90
LYH45
2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by scruff3333 View Post
Sounds like a good plan.
Gotta love your subaru.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bast View Post
Glad it's sticking around!
Cheers guys
Quote:
Originally Posted by FXTrev View Post
Good to hear! Looking forward to the progress reports. Hope it's not too bad to fix.
I hope so too. I'm a bit scared that I've gotten myself into more trouble than it's worth but we'll see
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnxx View Post
It's easy to fall in with these cars and make some not 100% logical choices. I know from experience. Whether you made the right choice or not, you probably made the same one I would have for what it's worth. Best of luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bue car View Post
^ well said
Yeah completely agree. I'm gonna go with the right choice (I'm somewhat biased though) as I keep seeing more and more of these cars getting wrecked/parted out and it's really sad and I didn't want my car to be added to the list.

Thanks guys for your support. It means a lot and it makes me feel in someway that it is worth saving more than I did before.

So on Friday I picked up a new tailgate. I got it for $150 AU ($100 US) and it's in the same colour. It has a minor dent in the boot, which I think I can fix with a little PDR. It has the factory wing mounts/holes so they will be being kept on the car.

It isn't perfect but it's a start. I'd like to get the whole car resprayed next year sometime once the Outback is on the road so things like that dent be fixed.

Considering I'm still $2450 up at the moment I'm looking at a compass pack. Does anyone know if the temperature can be shown in both fahrenheit and celcius as I can only see it in pictures as fahrenheit. Also anyone selling a compass pack and willing to ship to Australia. I'm gonna put a WTB post up but though it was worth asking here anyway.

So tomorrow the plan is to remove the old tailgate, probably with an angle grinder as I can't open it, and replace it with the new one. And to try and pull out the damage as much as possible. We'll see how that goes as I've got some work to do on the Outback as well.

Thanks for reading,
Luke