SMH LOL - Full 05 STi Swap - finding lineage and building a racecar for the street - Page 8 - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > >
SMH LOL - Full 05 STi Swap - finding lineage and building a racecar for the street

Old 10-20-2017, 06:45 PM   #71
181stLeader
Premium Member

Fav Mod: Aerosim Carbon Widebody
Trader Rating: (14)

^That is a damn good idea! black out the new MAF housing and nobody will be the wiser!
181stLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2017, 02:11 PM   #72
onefasazn
2.2L

Trader Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 181stLeader View Post
^That is a damn good idea! black out the new MAF housing and nobody will be the wiser!
Part of my quest to build a fast, BAR legal, visually legal swap.

My time working for the CA state smog referee will not go to waste

That, I want someone to look under the hood and say "man that's so stock"
onefasazn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 02:43 PM   #73
Razor7
3.3L

Fav Mod: Version 5 Swap
Trader Rating: (5)

Wait, the fuck?!

I either sold or junked my V5 box because I needed the 205 box to pass the BAR.

What inlet are you going to pair it with? I think the V5's are run differently?

WHERE WERE YOU WHEN I WAS PIECING TOGETHER MY SWAP?!

-TC
Razor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 12:34 PM   #74
onefasazn
2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor7 View Post
Wait, the fuck?!

I either sold or junked my V5 box because I needed the 205 box to pass the BAR.

What inlet are you going to pair it with? I think the V5's are run differently?

WHERE WERE YOU WHEN I WAS PIECING TOGETHER MY SWAP?!

-TC
Once I figure out what size MAF housing I want to run and the housing gets fabbed up and painted, I'm going to be using the bigass OEM JDM hose it came with, mated to the AMR cast inlet that is already on the car. It tapers down enough for everything to fit like stock(hopefully).

I need a housing fabbed in order to correctly run the USDM MAF sensor for now as I do not plan on running speed density until I go rotated. We'll see what happens once I get closer to finishing the car. It shouldn't be too hard for my fab guy, as I only really need the 4-bolt adapter made. I can't seem to find one available, so if someone can point me to a v5 airbox MAF adapter that would be great.

Looking at some KsTech parts to help spped up the fab process, as his parts are well made and available.

Any help finding that MAF adapter would be great! Max OD of where the adapter meets the housing needs to be no more than 3.5" or close to 88.9mm.
Old 10-25-2017, 02:20 PM   #75
Razor7
3.3L

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefasazn View Post
Once I figure out what size MAF housing I want to run and the housing gets fabbed up and painted, I'm going to be using the bigass OEM JDM hose it came with, mated to the AMR cast inlet that is already on the car. It tapers down enough for everything to fit like stock(hopefully).

I need a housing fabbed in order to correctly run the USDM MAF sensor for now as I do not plan on running speed density until I go rotated. We'll see what happens once I get closer to finishing the car. It shouldn't be too hard for my fab guy, as I only really need the 4-bolt adapter made. I can't seem to find one available, so if someone can point me to a v5 airbox MAF adapter that would be great.

Looking at some KsTech parts to help spped up the fab process, as his parts are well made and available.

Any help finding that MAF adapter would be great! Max OD of where the adapter meets the housing needs to be no more than 3.5" or close to 88.9mm.
I'll keep monitoring your progress. I did some searching around but couldn't find a box for sale - I'm guessing I'd need to run to a dismantler again to get everything necessary.

Is the AMR inlet stealth enough to pass? Have any pictures of what you intend to mate with each other?

I want my VF28 to be as bad ass as possible, so I'm going with a JDM exhaust. If I can somehow custom up a JDM intake to allow for more air to come in, then all the better. I believe I'm running a MAP tune right now, so the MAF isn't doing much anyways.

-TC
Old 10-27-2017, 12:27 PM   #76
onefasazn
2.2L

Quote:
I'll keep monitoring your progress. I did some searching around but couldn't find a box for sale - I'm guessing I'd need to run to a dismantler again to get everything necessary.

Is the AMR inlet stealth enough to pass? Have any pictures of what you intend to mate with each other?

I want my VF28 to be as bad ass as possible, so I'm going with a JDM exhaust. If I can somehow custom up a JDM intake to allow for more air to come in, then all the better. I believe I'm running a MAP tune right now, so the MAF isn't doing much anyways.

-TC

I got the airbox and hose off a user on here, so you'll be able to find one eventually, I'll let you know if its gonna be worth all the trouble or not.

This is the OEM JDM inlet hose I'm using. Nice and big.

The AMR will be pulled out and painted black when I pull the intake manifold to install all the parts.

Honestly, the VF28 doesn't need much since its small, so I wouldn't spend the money. Just save it for a larger turbo, then upgrade everything else as needed.
Old 11-02-2017, 11:06 PM   #77
Razor7
3.3L

Quote:
Honestly, the VF28 doesn't need much since its small, so I wouldn't spend the money. Just save it for a larger turbo, then upgrade everything else as needed.
I hear ya. I'm just trying to get it as close to the stock EJ207 V6 as possible.

I'll be running by for a re-tune near Thanksgiving - Gary should be setting up an appointment.

-TC
Old 11-08-2017, 08:28 AM   #78
onefasazn
2.2L

Quote:
I hear ya. I'm just trying to get it as close to the stock EJ207 V6 as possible.

I'll be running by for a re-tune near Thanksgiving - Gary should be setting up an appointment.

-TC
Sounds good man, see ya when you come in! (if I'm here...)
Old 11-14-2017, 03:35 PM   #79
onefasazn
2.2L

More goodies dropped off over the last two weeks...

I have a ton to catch up on. Also found out the top nuts that were supplied with my rear camber plates will NOT work with the double adjustable dampers, due to the top pin being sized M16 vs M14 of the single adjustables -_-

Now I need to get spacers and fasteners made. Yay.
Old 12-01-2017, 12:58 PM   #80
onefasazn
2.2L

I kinda did a thing...

I vowed I would never get a super loud exhaust again, but I figure, this will eventually be a racecar, and needs to make racecar noise, so what the hell. It a full 3" Blitz Nur-spec axleback. I got lucky and it mated to the Cobb midpipe without too much issue. Its officially loud AF. I love it. I'll be swapping between this and the Cobb for track and street respectively. Only had to trim the bumper just a little lol.

Also, Cobb Tuning was nice enough to come onboard the program, with an AP V3, 4-bar MAP sensor, Flex Fuel kit, and Fuel Pressure sensor kit. WOOT!