SMH LOL - Full 05 STi Swap - finding lineage and building a racecar for the street - Page 6 - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > >
SMH LOL - Full 05 STi Swap - finding lineage and building a racecar for the street

Old 08-29-2017, 05:17 AM   #51
181stLeader
Premium Member

Fav Mod: Aerosim Carbon Widebody
Trader Rating: (14)

Check the plug that the clicking relay is plugged into and make sure there isn't any corrosion, sounds like the coil terminals aren't making a good connection since replacing it fixed it for a bit.

DCCDPro is way nicer than the factory DCCD controller. It's more adjustable and with some of the options it's tunable. I also like that you can see why the diff is doing in auto mode.
181stLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2017, 10:54 AM   #52
onefasazn
2.2L

Trader Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 181stLeader View Post
Check the plug that the clicking relay is plugged into and make sure there isn't any corrosion, sounds like the coil terminals aren't making a good connection since replacing it fixed it for a bit.

DCCDPro is way nicer than the factory DCCD controller. It's more adjustable and with some of the options it's tunable. I also like that you can see why the diff is doing in auto mode.
Yeah, I checked the plug, and the relay, both are clean. But there has to be something up with the entire circuit, its done this with three relays so far. It just annoying that its a safety issue with the lights. If it was something small I could deal with it, but this is a no go for me.

The DCCDPro unit should match up well with the OS front diff. I was going to get teh rear diff as well, but that is going to have to wait now that I am sending the harness to get redone, and replacing the ABS system.

I guess as long as everything is done correctly, I can justify it. Once the car hits the track I REALLY don't want any bullshit problems with the wiring holding me back.

Had I known this was going to be an issue, I would have not bought a few things...
onefasazn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 11:00 AM   #53
FXTrev
2.5L

Fav Mod: Suspension

What's the reasoning behind having to switch over all the ABS stuff? What's different about the two systems?

p.s. Made it back safely with the coupe!
FXTrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 11:41 AM   #54
onefasazn
2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by FXTrev View Post
What's the reasoning behind having to switch over all the ABS stuff? What's different about the two systems?

p.s. Made it back safely with the coupe!
Glad to hear you made it back okay!

The ABS pump and lines currently in the car now are from an 05 STi. During the swap, this was done in order to keep the factory DCCD computer as it is calibrated for use with this specific ABS pump.

Per Keener at iWire, the best thing to do is to convert back to the old style pump, and just use DCCDPro for center diff control as it is better than the stock one. To be honest, I won't be using DCCD much, if at all, as OS Giken recommends to leave the DCCD in auto mode when using their diffs, unless you ABSOLUTELY know what your are doing. I do not, nor do I care. To me, the less things I have to futz with while on track, the better.

On an other note, I can now change the title of the thread now that my plates have arrived:

Old 08-31-2017, 08:35 AM   #55
hail2theTheif
3.3L

Fav Mod: all 0 it
Trader Rating: (3)

That is an amazing license plate haha.
hail2theTheif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 09:19 AM   #56
FXTrev
2.5L

Fav Mod: Suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefasazn View Post
Glad to hear you made it back okay!

The ABS pump and lines currently in the car now are from an 05 STi. During the swap, this was done in order to keep the factory DCCD computer as it is calibrated for use with this specific ABS pump.

Per Keener at iWire, the best thing to do is to convert back to the old style pump, and just use DCCDPro for center diff control as it is better than the stock one. To be honest, I won't be using DCCD much, if at all, as OS Giken recommends to leave the DCCD in auto mode when using their diffs, unless you ABSOLUTELY know what your are doing. I do not, nor do I care. To me, the less things I have to futz with while on track, the better.

On an other note, I can now change the title of the thread now that my plates have arrived:
What do guys do that want to use DCCDPro in an 05 STI?
FXTrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 07:51 PM   #57
onefasazn
2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by hail2theTheif View Post
That is an amazing license plate haha.
Thanks man, I couldn't believe it was available. It'll be fitting once the car has my desired power output

Quote:
Originally Posted by FXTrev View Post
What do guys do that want to use DCCDPro in an 05 STI?
Not sure, best bet would be to contact iWire, as they are one of the main dealers for DCCDPro
Old 09-19-2017, 09:42 PM   #58
Razor7
3.3L

Fav Mod: Version 5 Swap
Trader Rating: (5)

Hey dude - I'll be bringing in my car for a re-tune sometime soon. You plan to work any weekends in October or November? Haha

-TC
Razor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 03:30 PM   #59
onefasazn
2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor7 View Post
Hey dude - I'll be bringing in my car for a re-tune sometime soon. You plan to work any weekends in October or November? Haha

-TC
Hey TC, we're not open on the weekends normally. I'll come in periodically to work on personal projects, but October and November look to be pretty busy personally with a lot of travel.

I need to get a few things done on the coupe for now, in order to get the car down to Socal for Subiefest. I won't tear it completely down until after that. Then I'll have until March to get the rest of the car completed for Global Time Attack.
Old 09-21-2017, 04:19 PM   #60
93stiImperza
2.2L

Car: 01 rsti CFblue, 06 sti PSM
Fav Mod: vf48, turbo x exh, BC 272
Trader Rating: (50)

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefasazn View Post
Hey TC, we're not open on the weekends normally. I'll come in periodically to work on personal projects, but October and November look to be pretty busy personally with a lot of travel.

I need to get a few things done on the coupe for now, in order to get the car down to Socal for Subiefest. I won't tear it completely down until after that. Then I'll have until March to get the rest of the car completed for Global Time Attack.
For the relay youu can test it with a voltmeter and did you check to see if you to have pwr and grd at the connection? which system is the relay controlling?
93stiImperza is offline   Reply With Quote