SMH LOL - Full 05 STi Swap - finding lineage and building a racecar for the street - Page 3 - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > >
SMH LOL - Full 05 STi Swap - finding lineage and building a racecar for the street

Old 07-13-2017, 11:13 AM   #21
onefasazn
2.2L

Trader Rating: (0)

Under closer inspection, it turns out the clip-on wheel weight on the left rear wheel was only grazing the strut. Easy fix.

With the preliminary alignment done, I can enjoy the car for a bit before it goes under the knife again for the full suspension.

Still need to install the rear spats too...

onefasazn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2017, 05:24 PM   #22
Razor7
3.3L

Fav Mod: Version 5 Swap
Trader Rating: (5)

Holy crap,

I didn't realize who this was - diggin the direction you're moving in. And here I thought you were building that wagon

Yeah man, let's sync up. I need to make it over to you guys soon anyways for a retune. Having the VF28 only hitting full boost at 4k is really obnoxious.

Subb'd.

-TC
Razor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 11:51 PM   #23
onefasazn
2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor7 View Post
Holy crap,

I didn't realize who this was - diggin the direction you're moving in. And here I thought you were building that wagon

Yeah man, let's sync up. I need to make it over to you guys soon anyways for a retune. Having the VF28 only hitting full boost at 4k is really obnoxious.

Subb'd.

-TC
Haha yeah. This is the first car journal I've ever kept. Mostly keep my builds on the DL, but I wanted to document this one for some reason.

Wagon did get built for the most part, but I was tired of it after testing the prototype brakes and coilovers. Didn't make any sense to me to track a wagon like that, so I came up on this coupe instead and just sold the wagon this week. Now I have this coupe for the monster car, and a 2001 RS sedan thats as clean as they come. I'll probably start a journal for that as well, but its going to be pretty short as that car is not getting much done to it at all.

Might need to go with a bigger turbo than the VF28...you know, so you can justify getting another tune...
Old 07-13-2017, 11:53 PM   #24
onefasazn
2.2L

On another note, no more single adjustable dampers, jumping straight into double adjustable inverted monotubes

Still waiting for the email from Rallispec about my trans build. Hopefully its not going to kill my wallet too much...
Old 07-14-2017, 09:48 PM   #25
Razor7
3.3L

Fav Mod: Version 5 Swap
Trader Rating: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefasazn View Post
Might need to go with a bigger turbo than the VF28...you know, so you can justify getting another tune...
That's definitely the plan down the road. All depends on what I can slide under the radar for SMOG - I may wind up using a stock new-age STI turbo, like a VF52 or something. If I can wind up with 300wtq that I don't have to revert for smog, then I'll be happy.

For now I figure the stock JDM exhaust (up, down, and cat-back), removing the restrictor pill, using the cobb boost solenoid and tuning to 20psi should get me another ~30hp on 91. That'll probably exceed my driving skills - I've only been drifting recently

-TC
Razor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 12:20 PM   #26
onefasazn
2.2L

Got the double adjustables. Need to pull them apart for a revalve and they will go into the pile of suspension parts going on the car.

Old 07-20-2017, 09:30 AM   #27
onefasazn
2.2L

Heard back from Rallispec...turns out the DCCD in the trans I blindly sent them needs a rebuild. At least the core was cheap...

Old 07-20-2017, 05:39 PM   #28
onefasazn
2.2L

Got the invoice from Rallispec. Now just waiting for the trans to get out here so I can break it in along with the front diff.

Also got the rear spats on, they fit like absolute shit on the USDM bumper, and I'll probably take a heat gun to them to get them to "fit" better. At least the car looks a little more even now front to rear!
Old 07-20-2017, 06:10 PM   #29
Diabolus
1.8L

Car: '00 2.5RS BRP

Sub'd

very nice build.
Diabolus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 10:16 PM   #30
onefasazn
2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabolus View Post
Sub'd

very nice build.
Thanks! I've only scratched the surface at the moment, have yet to tear the car down to do the suspension. Probably going to wait till the trans gets here to install all the suspension stuff, as I'll have to pull the ball joints from the front lower control arms anyway.

Probably should start prepping everything for install...