DrunkenBoxer 2.0 - Page 7 - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > >
DrunkenBoxer 2.0

Old 02-05-2017, 06:41 PM   #61
fujigc8
2.5L

Car: Black GC8
Fav Mod: All Motor
Trader Rating: (2)

I do like the whole smaller displacement for higher revs, but all that torque loss is bad in my opinion. To really utilize the higher rpm means you need the Avcs. You might end up damaging your head if it's anything like honda's vtec. What I mean is that vtec is controlled by oil pressure and pushes the pin to lock the cam lobes together. This build is really close to the Honda guys (me included, still rocking my b18c in a eg). I friend blew his b18c type r motor revving it to 8k without the vtec hooked up yet so watch out.
fujigc8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2017, 09:56 AM   #62
ImprezaRSC
2.0L Turbo

Car: 2000 2.5RS BRP
Fav Mod: 8 SEMA awards.

We've spun these to 8k and so far, so good. I doubt they'd live 300k miles this way, but as a fun throw-around engine this build did just fine. I'll have the built motor done or another spare handy before I raise the redline. This is for some fun, not serious racing. 7k would be a lot more fun. Throwing it around some curvy roads for g-force giggles still nets a smile .

This is still meant to be mostly a street car, even if it is a bit of a wolf in sheep's clothing, wearing those clothes rather poorly .

I installed a washer bag last weekend. It worked right out of the box, rather unexpectedly.

DIY washer bag kit install.

The window regulators are to be replaced sometime soon. I'll also finish making the interior panels and do some more dieting mods this summer. The power is limited to keep the driveline alive while taking more weight out. Once the weight is satisfactory, then I'll worry about the next motor. This is only half of what it can do and still a hoot to drive.

Last edited by ImprezaRSC; 02-25-2017 at 09:58 AM..
ImprezaRSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 05:46 PM   #63
bue car

Fav Mod: Which car?
Trader Rating: (173)

I have some sedan door parts if you need motors, from an 01.
Old 04-09-2017, 12:19 PM   #64
ImprezaRSC
2.0L Turbo

I did my first autocross yesterday. The tune feels very good. I'm in SM and likely will be bumped into XP due to the mods. My 4yr old Ventus wet/dry tires definitely feel lacking. When pushed, the tires light up into a drift on crappy pavement. On a tight course, there's not much room for sideways antics before changing direction. The excessive weight and poor grip were very apparent. Power feels great, but I need to follow through on chassis work.

I knew there'd be some kinks to work out and some shortcomings would demand money. I would like to run all year long and steadily improve the car and myself. A year after the TBI, I feel pretty good. The dizziness is gone and the heat wasn't too bothersome. Running after smashed cones was harder.

Last edited by ImprezaRSC; 04-09-2017 at 12:23 PM..
ImprezaRSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 02:00 PM   #65
bue car

I cannot wait to get out and Rallyx again myself
Old 05-08-2017, 06:35 PM   #66
Dakine
2.0L

Car: 98 impreza outback
Trader Rating: (0)

Just out of curiosity why dont you have intake manifold spacers?I've seen most n/a builds that don't run them and I've heard of benefits running but wanted to know whar the guys who don't run them say
Dakine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 08:23 PM   #67
ImprezaRSC
2.0L Turbo

I run them. Worth it.
Old 05-12-2017, 09:39 PM   #68
guyfromNY
1.8L

Trader Rating: (0)

A alot of interesting things going on in this build. I like it!
guyfromNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 09:47 AM   #69
ImprezaRSC
2.0L Turbo

I have apparently maxed out the 440cc injectors, on 93. I wasn't giving it enough fuel at the very top of the revs, making it stumble. There's really no room for E85 at 7k rpm on these injectors. I'm squeezing every drop from these and will see if it pulls clean to 7200rpm. 6800 is what it will do so far on gas with further mapping tweaks.

Maxing out the power fuel map's lambda target is how to get the fuel in the combustion chamber. It's a little ugly, but works. 100% VE on the base map only goes so far. I had to just let the engine have the fuel it wanted. The target was richer than the o2 sensor was reading. The high rpm stumble confirmed it. I added more power fuelling up there, and the stock wideband o2 sensor reads closer to the target lambda while pulling more cleanly to the higher redline. I had to listen instead of telling it what to do. It's commanding an 8.0AFR, but not actually doing it. IDC reads at 12ms up top.

I cleaned the Magnafuel filter yesterday. That helped a lot. It was due for a good cleaning. I should have taken pics. There's a lot of material a fuel filter catches. Dirt, like actual dirt. There was mud in there. I'm not kidding. There were what looked like rock chips, too. Ever seen those larger grains of sand that look more like a little rock chip? Those were in the filter sludge. +1 for Magnafuel's reusable E85 tolerant fuel filter.
Old 05-14-2017, 08:11 PM   #70
bue car

Probably could do a class action lawsuit against big oil for trying to ruin your car with slow poison LOL

The whole driving world would win haha

Conspiracies !