Forchs 97 Brighton Build - Page 7 - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > >
Forchs 97 Brighton Build

Old 01-29-2018, 09:44 PM   #61
Forch72
2.0L

Car: 97 2.2 Brighton
Fav Mod: Boooooooosttttt
Trader Rating: (1)

15lb Braille battery came in today, fixed wiring, and tomorrow the last of the parts need to drive her should be in. Then itís time to drive the piss out of her and see what breaks!
Forch72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2018, 03:05 PM   #62
Forch72
2.0L

Cars running and driving but having an idle problem. Iím thinking itís the ecu not knowing what to do with the manual trans. Also had a problem with the GD aluminum radiator hoses and fans so I ordered and installed Mishimoto electric fans, overflow tank, and hoses. Tomorrow Iíll be taking out the lower control arms and sending them out to get powdercoated because the end of this week I have some more Whiteline goodies coming in!
Old 04-09-2018, 03:22 PM   #63
Forch72
2.0L

Hereís a video of the first start up after putting the motor back in.
First start up - YouTube
Old 04-11-2018, 09:39 PM   #64
Forch72
2.0L

Went to install the new Whiteline outter tie rod ends and the inners have a little play so Iíve decided while Iím working in the area to order new OEM inner tie rods, wheel bearings and hubs. The hub assembly will also be sent out for sandblasting and powder coating. Funny how one ripped ball joint boot has gotten me here.
Old 04-12-2018, 03:26 AM   #65
TerryJr
Experimenter

Fav Mod: AAA Premier
Trader Rating: (0)

Keep it up. Thats a nice coupe, it can really grow with you
Old 05-01-2018, 12:57 AM   #66
Forch72
2.0L

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryJr View Post
Keep it up. Thats a nice coupe, it can really grow with you
Yeah I've already decided this car will never be sold that why I'm doing everything on it!

Finally got a new (to me) white RS hood in near perfect condition for $120 today!

Installed the Whiteline LCA Inner front and rear bushings Part #KCA319A & W51709A along with their Roll Center Bump Steer Kit Part #KCA313. I'm really becoming a fan of their stuff and their customer service is phenomenal. I called them and spoke about the different bushing durometer for about an hour and they were super helpful.

I ended up sand blasting and spraying the steering knuckles myself and they came out great! I didn't go with OEM for the wheel bearings and hubs to save a little money so I got the Koyo kit off eBay for $117. They went in smooth and they seem like they're good quality but I supposed only time will tell. I also sand blasted and painted the dust shields and brake calipers just to complete the look in there until I upgrade to the 4/2 pot setup.

Last part to the front was the inner tie rods. Went OEM Part #34140AA030 and reused the boots that were on there since they weren't cracked or ripped. Then sealed them up with Moog Part# 3416 Metal CV Boot Clamp on the inner and some hose clamps I had laying around on the outter.

I'll be torquing everything down to spec today and going over the entire car before driving it to get a wheel alignment hopefully next Monday.

Now to just figure out what I'm going to use to post pictures on here so I can flood you guys

Last edited by Forch72; 05-01-2018 at 12:59 AM..
Old 05-01-2018, 04:39 PM   #67
95imprezalicious
1.8L

Car: 1995 impreza with a wrx swap
Trader Rating: (0)

That sounds very nice. I'm excited to see pics of it with the new hood on it. Are you painting it? Or just leaving it white for now?
95imprezalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 06:59 PM   #68
Forch72
2.0L

Haven't been on here in a very very long time. Some major updates are full Whiteline suspension and bushings, custom rad support and the car now has fender flares and Hankook rs4 255s squared on it.

What is everyone using to upload pictures now? For most update to date photos I have an Instagram page for the car: GC8 2.2l Build (@gc22rs) ē Instagram photos and videosgl
Old 05-30-2019, 10:21 PM   #69
Forch72
2.0L

Just finished piecing together my rear disc brake conversion. Power stop calipers, centric pads and rotors, stop tech SS lines, gc8 wrx non abs proportioning valve, forester hub assemblies, and Motul 600 brake fluid. Haven't checked out the hubs and bearings yet so I may need to replace them.
Old 05-31-2019, 02:25 PM   #70
johnxx
2.5L

Car: '96 OBS
Fav Mod: EJ204!
Trader Rating: (2)

Clicked through to instagram and it looks real good. I'll probably be adding a metric butt-ton of whiteline stuff pretty soon to finish up my suspension. And by soon I mean, probably next year. I think most people are using imgur for images these days. They seem to happily support hotlinking images.
johnxx is offline   Reply With Quote