Since my last post I've:
- Resolved 5 CELs
- Resolved an issue with the new A/C Compressor (had to grind down a portion of the injector/fuel rail cover)
- Re-installed an axle, which proved more difficult then it should have been
- Resolved a couple oil leaks (turbo)
- Replaced a couple of crushable gaskets (turbo)
- Replaced a missing heat shield mount
- Installed new turbo upper and lower heat shields
- Installed radiator fans and verified wiring
- Re-assembled interior
- Verified proper wiring for audio
- Bled brakes
- Bled clutch
- Resolved brake issue (larger master cylinder on car with smaller hard lines. Write up is here
- Re-assembled engine bay for the most part
Once again the motor runs, but it's in limp mode due to a P1507 error. Since the IACV was pretty gnarly, I've ordered another.
So there's some final buttoning up, an oil change (I'm doing multiple flushes to remove any debris), and generally topping it off and adjusting things, but I should be <5 hours from being able to drive her.
Total to date:
- The motor has now cost me $8300. This included the full build, all new rubber, and basically making it as close to a 0 mile motor as possible (with the exception of redoing rings and honing the cylinders. Everything else has been done)
- The motor also took me between 90-100 hours to take apart and rebuild
- The motor installation into the RS has taken (to date) 94 hours. It'll likely round off at 100 (edit: it does) when all is said and done
I'll keep you all posted.