The CA BAR Approved EJ207 Version 6 Build - Page 13 - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > >
The CA BAR Approved EJ207 Version 6 Build

Old 01-22-2019, 10:22 AM   #121
Razor7
3.3L

Fav Mod: Version 5 Swap
Trader Rating: (5)

Other option is to replace the center diff with something not-shitty.

Anyone have experience with aftermarket center diffs? I've never driven anything with an upgraded diff that's AWD. Presumably, if I can set it to 35:65 front:rear then I'll be a happy camper.

-TC
Razor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2019, 03:02 PM   #122
Razor7
3.3L

The latest is that the motor will randomly run super rich at idle - down below 11.25. I don't know how much more below as that's where my O2 sensor stops reading, but below it nonetheless.

Figure it could be one of 3 things:
- vacuum leak
- stuck/sticking injector
- dying coil

I tried pulling logs but apparently my injector duty cycle isn't included? I don't know what I'm doing anymore, I'm bad at cars.

I'll be doing a smoke test on the vacuum lines / intake this weekend to see what I uncover and go from there. Since it's intermittent, it could be any of those three.

In June I'll be riding a motorcycle through the Swiss alps and spending a week in Austria - pretty excited for it, but it's taking all of my attention to plan and prep for. Doesn't help that it's crunch time at work.

Once I'm back, I'll be buying parts for a 6-speed swap - I figure the 3.90 JDM box with DCCD is a good fit. It seems straightforward enough, but I will need to cut a hole in the floorboard to fix one of the transmission mounts - the nut broke free and won't allow me to unthread the bolt. Nothing a plasma torch and a welder can't fix.

-TC

Last edited by Razor7; 05-17-2019 at 03:06 PM..
Old 05-17-2019, 03:14 PM   #123
Razor7
3.3L

I have been doing some stuff though:
- power washed the garage floor
- fixed up my girlfriend's 2004 BMW 530i
- replaced my roommate's girlfriend's front pads, rotors and fluid. She's... super broke.
- replaced the mid pipe on the Subaru since the old one had a nasty leak
- bought and am now prepping some new seats to throw into the 135 (hello bolstering)

In typical BMW fashion, the seats are missing the harness for power, so I've had to buy a special harness from ECS to run a new 30amp circuit to them for movement and heating. And, of course, I need two so I can do the passenger seat. And, of course, one shipped in but the other is on back order till August 21st...

-TC

Last edited by Razor7; 05-17-2019 at 03:16 PM..
Old 05-18-2019, 11:14 AM   #124
onefasazn
2.2L

Trader Rating: (0)

So FYI, I finally got my car back, and left a bunch of stuff at the old shop. Including the stock RS seats. See if you can get them.

On the rich issue at idle, check your fuel pressure regulator. If its a stock one, its probably bad. Hopefully its a removable 2-bolt one, and not the one thats integrated to the fuel rail.
onefasazn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 08:29 PM   #125
Razor7
3.3L

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefasazn View Post
So FYI, I finally got my car back, and left a bunch of stuff at the old shop. Including the stock RS seats. See if you can get them.

On the rich issue at idle, check your fuel pressure regulator. If its a stock one, its probably bad. Hopefully its a removable 2-bolt one, and not the one thats integrated to the fuel rail.
Sure - I'll shoot them an email and see.

It is a stock FPR, and it's a 2 bolt guy, but I replaced it the same time I did the swap (<2 years ago). It's an OEM part, I wouldn't assume it'd crap out that quickly :-/

I smoked the intake and vacuum lines today as a test - not a single leak could be found. It's got to be an issue with fuel or spark.

I'm tempted to send out the ID 725s to Dr. Injector for a cleaning, they were used when I bought them (3 months used, supposedly). I'm also running some hodgepodge of coils off like 3 different motors, so I'm tempted to replace those too for peace of mind.

I'll be checking the plugs tomorrow to see if there's anything suspect, otherwise I'm pricing out all of the small things I've wanted to do but have been too lazy to do so, perhaps this is a good jumping off point.

-TC
Old 05-21-2019, 09:31 PM   #126
Razor7
3.3L

Resistance is 0.7-1.1ohm on the heater of the front O2. I'm guessing it's bad.

-TC
Old 05-27-2019, 12:57 AM   #127
Razor7
3.3L

A brand new Bosch O2 sensor read 0.9-1.4ohms.

I replaced the front O2 sensor and gas tank vent valve. The O2 has (so far) shown to fix the idle issue. The tank vent didn't fix my issue, unfortunately.

When filling the tank, once I hit 10gal it shuts off the pump unless you add a trickle at a time. I'm guessing it's a crimped or blocked line somewhere.

-TC

Last edited by Razor7; 05-27-2019 at 01:02 AM..