Flat6forlife's '98 RS, N/A+DCCD - Page 6 - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > >
Flat6forlife's '98 RS, N/A+DCCD

Old 09-05-2017, 02:19 PM   #51
Flat6ForLife
2.0L

Fav Mod: Free Speedlines
Trader Rating: (0)

The PS system went back together with relatively no problems after the last update. I moved up to college the day after I put it together and everything went alright.

But today, four days before my track day at NYST, I walk up to the back of the RS to find a puddle of gasoline under the rear passenger side. Fuel filler neck decided to rust through. Great. I ordered the new neck before noon, so the dealer said there is a chance it could come in tomorrow morning instead of Thursday morning. Cutting it real close here.

I'd also like to get the car re-aligned because it was set to factory specs the last time, but that seems like a pipe dream at this point. We shall see.
Flat6ForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2017, 04:10 PM   #52
joes96
1.8L

Fav Mod: outback sport hood

awesome car man! where at on long island are you from? is that the old abandoned hospital in central islip area that you took photos in front of? i am from Shirley but i live in Washington state now keep that car alive man its a beaut.
joes96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 05:59 PM   #53
Flat6ForLife
2.0L

Quote:
Originally Posted by joes96 View Post
awesome car man! where at on long island are you from? is that the old abandoned hospital in central islip area that you took photos in front of? i am from Shirley but i live in Washington state now keep that car alive man its a beaut.
Thank you! I do what I can to keep her alive. You were close, but its the other big one, the King's Park Psych Center. Pilgrim State, the one in CI, doesn't let you take pictures of the big building anymore unfortunately.
Old 10-08-2017, 12:45 PM   #54
Flat6ForLife
2.0L

Its been a pretty uneventful month.

I got the fuel filler neck installed in a few hours and was good to go for the track day. The first two sessions of the track day were in the rain, so that was a new experience but it turned out fine. I did experience coolant temp nearly pegging even after my cool down laps on my last two sesions. Coolant boiled over the first time it happened. Head gaskets seem to be fine, but I'm not really sure what caused the issue. The water pump and tstat were replaced a year ago and I'm pretty sure the rad was replaced when the bodywork was done. I haven't experienced any sort of issues with this since the track day so I'm not too worried about it at the moment. Also developed and exhaust leak after but have been to lazy to figure out where its coming from.

Yesterday, I went to a big parts sale in Jersey. Missed most of the good stuff but was happy to grab another 3.9 R160 to put my suretrac in. Only problem being that there are two types of R160 and the one I got is the wrong one. A waste of a Saturday.

I've decided to sell my Ground Control camber plates beacause they're for a GD. Still looking for something to give me more caster and maybe a little more suspension travel. Other than that I'm pretty happy with the car, though I could always go for a little more power.
Old 10-22-2017, 10:48 AM   #55
Flat6ForLife
2.0L

[url=https://flic.kr/p/ZBhq9E][/url

Hadn't put up a photo since I put the new wheels on. Also, shoutout to the Impreza, it turns 25 today.
Old 10-23-2017, 06:53 AM   #56
George.of.the.Jungle
Baby❤Daddy

Fav Mod: BOOOOOOST!!
Trader Rating: (75)

those wheels look awesome!
Old 10-30-2017, 12:13 PM   #57
Flat6ForLife
2.0L

I was dreading this day but figured it would come eventually. Just got rear-ended by a Wrangler. It was fairly low speed and there doesn't look to be any major damage, but still, I could've done without it. I'll have pictures once I get home. I'm fine too.

Last edited by Flat6ForLife; 10-30-2017 at 08:39 PM..
Old 10-30-2017, 01:21 PM   #58
George.of.the.Jungle
Baby❤Daddy

Old 10-30-2017, 08:51 PM   #59
Flat6ForLife
2.0L

Updated the previous post with the only pictures I took.

I'll need a new trunk, taillights, and rear bumper at the least. Quarter has a slight crease above the drivers side taillight and the trunk is jammed forward as well as being stuck shut. The damage in all reality isn't that bad but it could've been prevented if he wasn't looking at the radio instead of the road. Oh well I guess, time to start looking for parts.
Old 10-31-2017, 06:34 AM   #60
George.of.the.Jungle
Baby❤Daddy

hopefully his insurance will cut you a check to cover some costs? maybe get you some upgrades versus buying stock?