Flat6forlife's '98 RS, N/A+DCCD - Page 3 - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > >
Flat6forlife's '98 RS, N/A+DCCD

Old 11-15-2016, 04:43 PM   #21
Flat6ForLife
2.0L

Fav Mod: Free Speedlines
Trader Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by George.of.the.Jungle View Post
98RS! thats what i started out with too.
A great car to start with! I've kept up with your build since I joined the site. Its awesome to see how far its come since the beginning.
Flat6ForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2017, 07:55 PM   #22
Flat6ForLife
2.0L

Being home for winter break has been pretty good on the car front. I'm back to work so I'll have some extra cash and I finally have the time and the tools to put in some parts I've acquired. This past Sunday I finally installed my Whiteline tie rod ends/ball joints, and anti-lift kit. I was going to install their steering rack bushings, but then I saw this...

So now I'm deciding what to do about that. Do I just get it rebuilt or do I go for a rack from an 04 STi? On top of all of this, I've been looking into doing something about my rear suspension. I want to replace the lateral links, but I'm not sure what to go with. Do I go with GC width or widen it to GD width, and do I look for some STi pink arms, or go with something adjustable? If I do the GD width at the rear I'd almost definitely go GD aluminum arms in the front as well. I plan on Autocrossing and tracking the car throughout the summer, but it'll still be my daily. We'll see what happens.
Old 01-08-2017, 04:08 PM   #23
Flat6ForLife
2.0L

Well, GD width pink lateral links/trailing arms are on their way to me. It also snowed here last night, so I went and had a little fun with my buddy.

In other news, I no longer have working low beams, or foglights. I changed the bulbs and checked all of the fuses and relays. A new headlight stalk is on its way, so hopefully that fixes it.
Old 01-09-2017, 06:52 AM   #24
susiemk
2.5L RS-T

Car: GF OBS-T, GM RS EJ20, SF EJ20
Fav Mod: EJ222+10psi=12.89s 1/4
Trader Rating: (58)

Looks like you had some snow fun.

Car looks NICE!
I'm in the process of finishing up my winter project RBP RS coupe myself.
susiemk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 05:07 PM   #25
Flat6ForLife
2.0L

Well, I sold the Speedlines. It was a little bittersweet to seem them go, but I picked these up to replace them.

SPT BBS Options, but I'm sure you all knew that already. They aren't in the best of shape, but I don't mind too much as I got them for a price that reflected that. On the fence about refinishing them in gold or silver, but I am leaning towards gold at the moment.

OH! I also picked this up from Japan.

An R160 A.P. Suretrac diff out of a GDA WRX. I was thinking about selling it, but most people are telling me to keep it. We'll see what happens.

Otherwise the RS has been running alright. I ticked over 120k miles this weekend on the way to get the wheels. I've put ion around 15k miles since I bought the car 25 months ago. Nearly 10k since this past May.
Old 02-10-2017, 05:02 PM   #26
Flat6ForLife
2.0L

Its been a rough week for my wallet, but not for my car.

For a while now, I've known there's been an issue with my center diff. Once it warmed up it would start to bind under tight turns. I was hoping for it to be an axle, but they all checked out OK. With the spring quickly approaching and AutoX/Track days right around the corner, I was looking for something to solve my issue. Originally I was looking for complete transmissions, but then I came across this.

A DCCD center from an STi 5MT. Decided I couldnt pass it up, so it headed to me now. Its looking like its going to be a very interesting summer for me.
Old 02-10-2017, 06:17 PM   #27
WhiteScooby
2.2L Turbo

Fav Mod: Baja blast n my cupholder
Trader Rating: (7)

That's badass. Center diff went out in my legacy. I was fortunate to have a spare transmission on hand.
Old 02-11-2017, 06:25 PM   #28
Flat6ForLife
2.0L

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteScooby View Post
That's badass. Center diff went out in my legacy. I was fortunate to have a spare transmission on hand.
Thanks man. I'm just trying to make it the best I can while being a little different from the rest.
Old 03-05-2017, 01:02 PM   #29
Flat6ForLife
2.0L

Car is dead at the moment. Refuses to start. I don't even get a crank. All of the electricals work and I can hear a relay click when I turn the key to start but nothing happens.

A few days ago it developed a P1507 and wouldn't start. I cleared it and she lit right up, but now I get nothing. Changed the battery hoping that the old one just didn't like the cold but still no luck. Hoping now that its the starter but i have my doubts. I'll test that tomorrow when its warm out.

I just needed it to make it home for spring break next week. We'll see what happens.
Old 03-05-2017, 07:27 PM   #30
nhawks
2.0L Turbo

Fav Mod: Ricer Red parts for +25KW

Id check the ground strap for the starter, and ground at the battery. Bad ground can cause relay to click and starter not to go. If you decide to sell the r160 surtrac I might be interested.
nhawks is offline   Reply With Quote