Boobaru2: Betty White? So much for not being OCD again... - Page 6 - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > >
Boobaru2: Betty White? So much for not being OCD again...

Old 08-19-2019, 06:33 AM   #51
BettyblueRS
I ❤ BOOBIES

Fav Mod: por15
Trader Rating: (25)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bansheeboy11 View Post
Pull the top coolant hose off the throttle body and fill it until it comes out of that hose, works every single time.
oops just saw this, I did try to burp the system again and I got the drivers side fan to kick on. I can't seem to find concrete info on whether or not the passenger side fan is supposed to also kick on at a certain temp, or only when the ac is on...

Also I burped the system and it seemed fine but then when I checked a couple days later, the res only had a little bit of coolant in it. From what I'm reading, when its cold the res should be like half - 3/4's full of coolant? Idk, still trying to find a definitive answer on a couple things here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariii View Post
Somehow I completely missed your journal until I came here to see if the forum is actually still up, after seeing that facebook post...

Nice to see you are still keeping the journal up, car is looking goodBoobaru2: Betty White? So much for not being OCD again... I actually got super confused after your instagram post with another white GC, and am just now realising that you're still working with the same sedan, lol (I really need to read through the journal)

Sent from my motorola one using Tapatalk
Thank you! Yeah a lot of people are confused on what I was doing, it was basically a full replacement of the motor and driveline from another white RS (coupe) lol it was essentially a cheap upgrade while being able to por15/truck liner/paint the bay all at once. 4 months later and the sedan feels like a whole new car!
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2019, 06:52 AM   #52
BettyblueRS
I ❤ BOOBIES

So this past Saturday I drove the car a little over 20 miles, from the garage where I did the swap back to my house, with no issue

The to do list is still long, starting with the most important issue of no fuel gauge reading.
CELs:
p0183 fuel temp sensor circuit high input
p0463 fuel level sensor circuit high input

I have 0 clue when it comes to wiring but seems to be where the issue is considering we tried two different clusters and two different fuel level assemblies (the little floaty guy that sits on the fuel pump assumbly) so I'm lost here lol attempting to make sense of a fuel gauge system wiring diagram I found on ken gilbert's site.

Other than that it's mostly just putting the interior back in, and a few changes to the exterior to finish it up for now.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
Old 08-19-2019, 01:33 PM   #53
bdis3
2.2L

Car: 99 RS
Fav Mod: Driver Mod
Trader Rating: (0)

Sick donor car fam.
Old 08-19-2019, 02:44 PM   #54
johnxx
2.5L

Car: '96 OBS
Fav Mod: EJ204!
Trader Rating: (2)

Sounds like you're on the right track with the fuel *sensor*. I could not make heads or tails of wiring diagrams for a long time until after hours and hours of banging my head against a wall, they started making sense. It's also worth unplugging the battery, the fuel pump sensor and taking a multimeter to the wires to check for continuity and whether they're actually going where you expect them to go. If you're working from a manual that's not an exact match to the car and ECU being used, it's worth checking here: Index of /Auto/Japan/Subaru

edit: typed pump when I meant sensor. Derp.

Last edited by johnxx; 08-19-2019 at 03:46 PM..
johnxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 03:29 PM   #55
BettyblueRS
I ❤ BOOBIES

Actual photo of me reading wiring diagrams

Old 08-19-2019, 03:32 PM   #56
BettyblueRS
I ❤ BOOBIES

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdis3 View Post
Sick donor car fam.
It's lit now boi

Old 08-19-2019, 03:55 PM   #57
johnxx
2.5L

Car: '96 OBS
Fav Mod: EJ204!
Trader Rating: (2)

Well see, now you're way ahead of me. I never thought to cut out the middle man and just smack myself in the head directly. I could have avoided all that drywall damage and sore neck muscles.

Also, if you have the full manual there's a cheat sheet on how to use the wiring diagram. It's still a PITA to trace wires from page to page to page, but at least you have the symbols and abbreviations to work with.
johnxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 01:57 AM   #58
Spec R
3.3L

Fav Mod: CA BAR sticker
Trader Rating: (5)

nice updates, hope you figure out the nagging issues.
Spec R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 07:10 AM   #59
BettyblueRS
I ❤ BOOBIES

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnxx View Post
Well see, now you're way ahead of me. I never thought to cut out the middle man and just smack myself in the head directly. I could have avoided all that drywall damage and sore neck muscles.

Also, if you have the full manual there's a cheat sheet on how to use the wiring diagram. It's still a PITA to trace wires from page to page to page, but at least you have the symbols and abbreviations to work with.
yeah I do have the full manual, thank you I just need to take the time to look at them side by side and try to make sense of it all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec R View Post
nice updates, hope you figure out the nagging issues.
thank you thank you! I don't feel like going outside and trying to figure out anything in this humidity -__-
Old 08-20-2019, 07:53 AM   #60
BettyblueRS
I ❤ BOOBIES

went back and added more photos of the progress before the journal was brought back to life. I have a ton of photos that I'll keep adding.

What a journey this has been (and so much for not being OCD on this one...)