Mike's 95 STI Type RA -> 95 L Coupe! We're going hybrid CDB. - Page 9 - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > >
Mike's 95 STI Type RA -> 95 L Coupe! We're going hybrid CDB.

Old 12-29-2016, 10:00 AM   #81
breel
2.5L

Trader Rating: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaeld View Post
It's got the standard quarter panel rust on the rear drivers side as well as a small amount on the front passenger side. Overall it's pretty clean considering. Might just patch it and stay narrow, but also considering some form of widebody. Not sure yet, and it's not super high on the list of stuff to do. It'll all have to get paint anyways when I swap all the front end body pieces/spoiler/roof vent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
previous owner of mine had cut the rear wells and had a little rust develop around the spot weld where the rear bumper mounts. After 15+ years of looking at Imprezas, I'm convinced that is the source for the common rust in the rear wells. It's a perfect catch all of road grime plus salt if you live in an area that uses such. There was about a 1/4" of fine dust built up on the foam pieces when I pulled the rear bumper cover.

I'm running 07 STI LCAs and lateral links which adds about 10mm on each corner plus 20+ 18x10.5 wheels... no choice but to go wide
breel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2016, 11:25 AM   #82
Michaeld
2.2L

Fav Mod: Tires
Trader Rating: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by breel View Post

Paid $650 w/18,300 and 9 years later has shy of 90K. Pic is of one of many trips to the "Dragon" The most fun you can have and not break the speed limit going up. Actually killed the proportioning valve on the last trip.

Quite jealous of your trip up the dragon. I would love to make the trip as soon as my car is done. Obviously I won't be ready for the next rally ha.

Michaeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 04:33 PM   #83
breel
2.5L

Once I get this thing sorted you are more than welcome to head north and tag along for a mountain run. You can meet some of the wrxatlanta guys
Old 12-30-2016, 04:16 AM   #84
Michaeld
2.2L

Quote:
Once I get this thing sorted you are more than welcome to head north and tag along for a mountain run. You can meet some of the wrxatlanta guys

That's the plan. I've met a couple guys already. The motor and trans and such went to a guy who came down and helped me pull it.

Old 12-30-2016, 09:27 AM   #85
bue car

Fav Mod: Which car?
Trader Rating: (173)

That's clean
Old 12-30-2016, 10:35 AM   #86
breel
2.5L

Quote:
That's the plan. I've met a couple guys already. The motor and trans and such went to a guy who came down and helped me pull it.
Should be a run coming up in April but a few us have been known to make a day trip on a wild hair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bue car View Post
That's clean
2nd owner with no serious injuries just bumps and bruises. ALL of the plastic and rubber bits are sunbaked and or dry rotted. She's about as beat down as you can get and still be somewhat reliable. She'll either get a transplant or be relegated to vegetable hauler on my parents farm.
Old 12-30-2016, 12:36 PM   #87
Michaeld
2.2L

NA big plenum, long runner intake manifold showed up today. It'll go in for some porting and then forward face mounted in prep for the fog light turbo. Way too excited about this little bit of OEM part.

Old 12-30-2016, 12:38 PM   #88
Michaeld
2.2L

Quote:
Should be a run coming up in April but a few us have been known to make a day trip on a wild hair.

If I was still single, I'd have this thing done by April. But with all the other stuff I've got going on these days, I'm shooting for end of 2017 haha.

Old 12-30-2016, 01:51 PM   #89
breel
2.5L

Quote:
If I was still single, I'd have this thing done by April. But with all the other stuff I've got going on these days, I'm shooting for end of 2017 haha.
I like your intake, this is mine after weight reduction, gasket match and wrinkle coat. Good comparison to the WRX intake to the left.
Old 12-30-2016, 02:31 PM   #90
Michaeld
2.2L

That looks great. I like the black. The seller gave it a fresh coat of gray so it's staying gray. I like the flow rate and the less angle on the throttle body mounts so I won't have to **** with the hood.