Mike's 95 STI Type RA -> 95 L Coupe! We're going hybrid CDB. - Page 4 - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > >
Mike's 95 STI Type RA -> 95 L Coupe! We're going hybrid CDB.

Old 01-17-2016, 04:55 AM   #31
old_duwel
2.2L Turbo

Fav Mod: Cusco 2 way LSD
Trader Rating: (5)

You should get the ej207 here and don't install it! Take it with you! Save you so much money.
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2016, 04:56 AM   #32
old_duwel
2.2L Turbo

Fav Mod: Cusco 2 way LSD
Trader Rating: (5)

If you decided not to use it, sell it. You'll make at least $1,000 profit off of it
Old 01-17-2016, 05:37 AM   #33
Michaeld
2.2L

Fav Mod: Tires
Trader Rating: (2)

Everything worked. I cycled the DCCD and all my gauges worked. Im considering a 207 to take back, but I honestly don't think I'd use it. Maybe when I get closer to leaving.
Michaeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 08:23 AM   #34
beastmodegc8
2.2L

Trader Rating: (0)

Also another quick question, are you using the gc8 rear subframe or the gdb subframe? Which lateral links and trailing arms?
beastmodegc8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 12:20 AM   #35
Michaeld
2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastmodegc8 View Post
Also another quick question, are you using the gc8 rear subframe or the gdb subframe? Which lateral links and trailing arms?

I'm using the GC crossmember with GD lateral links and everything else because I didn't get get new R180 diff bolts when I ordered mine. I had to reuse the studs from the R160. Everything else out back is GD though.
Old 01-31-2016, 12:23 AM   #36
Michaeld
2.2L

Fixed the broken sway bar end link with one off a legacy B4 from a junkyard. I'll upgrade to aftermarket pieces eventually, but for the time being the $8 takeoff will suffice.

Received my beatrush map box today. No real necessity here, I just really wanted it and kept seeing it pop up for sale online. Happy with it and will install it soon.

That's all for today.
Old 02-13-2016, 02:47 AM   #37
Michaeld
2.2L

Managed to finally get some "track time" today. Participated in a local HPDE and finally got to put all these upgrades through the ringer. This was my first ever Auto X type event but by far the funniest thing I've ever done. The car handled amazingly and I was happy with my performance.

I did decide that I do not like the Dunlop Direzza's that came on my wheels. While they've suited me just well on the mountains, they really fell short today. By the 4th run, they were barely holding on, I had tons of under steer, and the rear end broke loose way more then I would have liked. This goes to reinforce how important good, sticky tires really are.

Anyways, here's a couple photos and a clip from my second run. I got lost on my first run of the day haha. So we can just dismiss that one.

RCCA 20160213 - YouTube
Old 02-13-2016, 06:19 AM   #38
beastmodegc8
2.2L

Trader Rating: (0)

Very nice! Cant wait till I can get mine on the track. There still closed thanks to winter tho haha
beastmodegc8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 02:45 PM   #39
Michaeld
2.2L

Yeah, "winter" here means maybe a sweatshirt. It does dip down some, but it was high 70's and sunshine yesterday thankfully. I did however forget sunscreen...
Old 02-15-2016, 03:16 AM   #40
Michaeld
2.2L

So after the event over the weekend my car began to run like crap. Sputtering and what not. Cleaned the MAF and swapped the plugs. The plugs I pulled showed no signs of fouling, but I swapped them since I was already that deep into it. The coil packs, however, were in subpar shape. 3 of the 4 were cracked and when I removed the boots on the end they crumbled. I attributed the poor conditions to this, hopefully.

Did the new age coil conversion on my EJ20G with the exception of the last bit of removing the stock igniter and splicing those wires together. It's dark now and the weather isn't super awesome so I won't be doing electrical work without any cover. It can wait until the morning. The conversion was straightforward with the help of a buddies YouTube video showing step by step. Here's some before and after pics.

Hopefully this is the solution to my problem.