Also another quick question, are you using the gc8 rear subframe or the gdb subframe? Which lateral links and trailing arms?
I'm using the GC crossmember with GD lateral links and everything else because I didn't get get new R180 diff bolts when I ordered mine. I had to reuse the studs from the R160. Everything else out back is GD though.
Managed to finally get some "track time" today. Participated in a local HPDE and finally got to put all these upgrades through the ringer. This was my first ever Auto X type event but by far the funniest thing I've ever done. The car handled amazingly and I was happy with my performance.
I did decide that I do not like the Dunlop Direzza's that came on my wheels. While they've suited me just well on the mountains, they really fell short today. By the 4th run, they were barely holding on, I had tons of under steer, and the rear end broke loose way more then I would have liked. This goes to reinforce how important good, sticky tires really are.
Anyways, here's a couple photos and a clip from my second run. I got lost on my first run of the day haha. So we can just dismiss that one.
So after the event over the weekend my car began to run like crap. Sputtering and what not. Cleaned the MAF and swapped the plugs. The plugs I pulled showed no signs of fouling, but I swapped them since I was already that deep into it. The coil packs, however, were in subpar shape. 3 of the 4 were cracked and when I removed the boots on the end they crumbled. I attributed the poor conditions to this, hopefully.
Did the new age coil conversion on my EJ20G with the exception of the last bit of removing the stock igniter and splicing those wires together. It's dark now and the weather isn't super awesome so I won't be doing electrical work without any cover. It can wait until the morning. The conversion was straightforward with the help of a buddies YouTube video showing step by step. Here's some before and after pics.