Mike's 95 STI Type RA -> 95 L Coupe! We're going hybrid CDB. - Page 2 - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > >
Mike's 95 STI Type RA -> 95 L Coupe! We're going hybrid CDB.

Old 12-25-2015, 07:52 PM   #11
Michaeld
2.2L

Fav Mod: Tires
Trader Rating: (2)

Been a hot minute with the holidays and such, but I finally have a new project on hand. Picked up a 6 speed with DCCD from a V8 JDM STI to throw in. Just waiting on the clutch kit and flywheel from RSD and I'll be able to throw it all in. Weighed the pro's and cons of the swap for a while and decided the 6 speed was the way to go. I wont the parting with the 5 speed just yet though, as I really like the RA gearing and I may throw it in something else down the road. We shall see.

I also rescued these fixed back seats from the trash. An older Sparco Rev and a very tiny no name brand. They came with a bride and sparco rail, but for a Silvia so I'll sell those to fund proper rails for my car.

Looking around for a replacement cover for the Rev, but I'll prob have to end up getting one made because the part is discontinued from Sparco. Those are on the back burner for now however.

Hope everyone had a safe, great holiday. I'm excited for what 2016 has in store for me.
Michaeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2015, 09:12 PM   #12
CO671
2.0L Turbo

Fav Mod: Trial Hood&Liberal Grill
Trader Rating: (3)

Looking good Mike! That seat restorations going to be interesting. Also, that brand Stout seems uncommon but primarily sells two types of aftermarket parts in Japan, bucket seats and custom hoods! They actually made some parts (2 cf hoods) for the GC chassis by the way!

Last edited by CO671; 12-25-2015 at 09:17 PM..
CO671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 11:31 PM   #13
Michaeld
2.2L

That's some good info! The resto will be more of a pain than I had planned. A buddy here just redid an equally trashed Sparco Sprint, but getting those covers was easy. It'll be a car project that's a little different than my usual ones.
Old 12-30-2015, 10:33 PM   #14
Michaeld
2.2L

Small updates. I'm not much of a sticker for cosmetic stuff, but I did buy myself a couple little items.

Bought this US Racing lip off the auctions. Thought it was for a V5/6 lip like I have in my parts room. Turned out to be for a V1-4! Happy about that. Looks weird without side skirts, but I don't care.

Also got a S201 rep scoop for my facelift stuff from Zombie Customs. Thick FRP and it seems to fit fine when I mocked it up.

I'll get both of them painted and put on at some point.
Old 12-31-2015, 10:29 PM   #15
Michaeld
2.2L

Facelift completed for the most part. I have the V5/6 bumper and a pair of crystal fogs, but I didn't feel like swapping those. I like the V1-4 bumper and I have that lip still to go on. The scoop fit real well with the exception of it hitting the factory intercooler splitter, so that was removed. This is fine though, because I have the slanty intercooler and the splitter would have done more bad then good in my opinion.

My clutch kit and flywheel also arrived for the 6 speed swap. Did some research and asked some shop guys from an old Suby club and decided on the ACT. Not everyone's favorite, but I'm sure it will be fine for my application. Didn't want to drop another $1500+ on an exedy.

All that's left if the starter to arrive and hopefully next weekend work will allow me to get that bad boy thrown in. That will prob be my next update as I photo document that process. Happy New Year everyone.
Old 01-01-2016, 03:09 PM   #16
Mr.FL4tout
1.8L

Car: 2000 2.5RS
Fav Mod: Whiteline
Trader Rating: (0)

nice ride man, imagine you must have access to some pretty sweet parts over there in Japan....Peanut Butter and Jealous!
Mr.FL4tout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 07:17 PM   #17
Michaeld
2.2L

Picked up this little junkyard find. Not exactly what it's a rep of as it's got styling cues from V5/WRC/whatever else. Anyways, it was cheap. I may get it painted and throw it on here. Or I may chop out the blade and try my hand at making it adjustable. I like that idea. For now it sits with the other aesthetic parts.

Also, hoping to get the 6 speed swap in this weekend. Look forward to more pictures of that as well as frustrated me giving you a play by play.
Old 01-14-2016, 08:56 PM   #18
stg2lgcy00
3.3L

Car: 1999 2.5RS
Fav Mod: EJ205+6spd
Trader Rating: (12)

$1500 for an Exedy? Where were you seeing that!?

I just bought an Exedy Stage 1 for my 6spd back in October and only came out to $464.85 from Oakos.

Gl on the 6spd swap, its a LOT of work but totally doable if you've been working on subies for a while.
stg2lgcy00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 05:45 AM   #19
Michaeld
2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by stg2lgcy00 View Post
$1500 for an Exedy? Where were you seeing that!?

I just bought an Exedy Stage 1 for my 6spd back in October and only came out to $464.85 from Oakos.

Gl on the 6spd swap, its a LOT of work but totally doable if you've been working on subies for a while.

The Exedy stage 1 is only rated for OEM torque levels. I have a 500+ build planned for the states so I wanted to buy once and hopefully be done. A 500+ rated Exedy is $1000+.

I'm not too worried about the swap. I know my way around a set of tools and my Subaru. I also have a very experienced friend lending me his expertise so it'll be an insightful day with some learning along the way.
Old 01-15-2016, 05:47 AM   #20
Michaeld
2.2L

I have a BW EFR 7163 sitting in a box waiting for its place on the car. I've been researching parts an have a plan for a lowmount foglight setup tuned for E85. Track days await.