IAG Stage 2.5 Closed deck has been ordered. Plan is to use the 2L heads and all the stuff I had purchased for them. Machine them to match and then go from there for the hybrid build. Uncharted waters for me, but I've been doing lots of reading. Making the most of what I have. I think it'll be fun.
Back from deployment, closed deck block is here. Heads are being sent off to Outfront for bowl machining for the chamber match. Sorting out an oil cooler situation is my current project on my plate. Then once the heads are back and the motor built back up, itíll be time to focus on this darn NA intake manifold. Fueling stuff, wiring, the list goes on.
Not a whole lot to update, i lost motivation there for quite a while. Got some stuff done this past week and i think Iíve got it back. The iWire harness is pretty much all thrown in and buttoned up. Iíll finish when i get the dash/cluster back in during the interior phase.
Both subframes are out and stripped. I learned during install of both that i need more parts to make it work. Swapping my GC LCAís for GD ones sooner than i thought to avoid issues with fitment on the bugeye front crossmember. So thatís on hold.
Got the rear subframe out finally. Broke a nutplate/welded nut taking the trailing arm off, but was able to cut the bolt and retrieve the nut in the frame. I may be able to finagle another nut on through the drain plug right there. We shall see. Fuel tank is also out, everything was pretty corroded and i wanted to run a fuel cell anyways swapping over to E85. The whole fuel system is getting swapped out, so the stock guy is trash.
Rear TSS subframe is installed and the R180 thrown into its new home. Probably will be back out again, but i was being zealous and wanted some progress. Also forgot i needed adjustable lateral links with the TSS frame because it does not allow for the camber adjustment bolt to be utilized. So now i gotta wait for that too. Lateral links and LCAís and it will be back on the ground as a rolling chassis.
Hopefully Iíll be posting more often again as my family is growing and Iíve got to get this guy done before my little babe pops out.
Picked a set of GD STI control arms and some adjustable lateral links a little while back. Nothing fancy, but theyíll get me on the ground. If they last a year, Iíll be happy.
Also got a real floor jack. My trolly jack has tried to kill me a few too many times.
This also finally showed up this AM. BNM Fab FogTurbo kit. Iíve been waiting an excessively long time for this to be built and arrive. It really is incredible craftsmanship though. Got a bumper exit blast pipe and EWG dump along with a down pipe setup to run a factory style exhaust. Like a mullet if you will. Anxious to get it installed, but i canít rush it. Plenty else to do.
Between work, going back to California for vacation, and an upper respiratory infection, not much is done. But my little girl is due in Feb, so the clock is definitely ticking.