Things left to do on the Brighton:
1. double check interior/dash wiring
2. install carpet, center console, seats, rear speakers
3. buy and install new rotors (or get them turned) since they've been sitting all winter.
4. check/lube calipers
5. FINISH engine build
5a. So the engine build was going along smoothly. Main and rod bearing clearances are good. Rings were gapped and pistons installed. Then I got a little distracted with cleaning up the intake and exhaust ports (pics in the future). Freshened up my valve seats while I had the valves out and that's where things came to a halt.
My intake lash was within spec, on the tight side, but good. Exhaust side was a different story. (spec sheet coming) 7 out of 8 were now way too tight. One of my #2 exhaust valves had .0025" clearance haha. Things would've kept moving but it took me a while to source the correct size shims to get my exhaust lash back in spec.
I found a supplier in japan/russia and ordered them. A couple days go by with no news of shipping. Logged back on to find out they couldn't get a certain shim so I had to straighten that out. Couple more days go by, still no news of shipping. Logged back in to find out I have to authorize and pay for my shipping separately. Ahhhh lol well they finally came in today and were actually shipped quickly considering the distance. .009" across the board except for one .011"
I just wish the world was twice as big and half of it was still unexplored. STi_SIMER