Thanks! I'm trying
So, yesterday I got from work very excited to do something on the car. Finally. Probably had too much coffee. Anyway, I opened a hood and started thinking what to do.
Itís really hard to decide where to start. During quite long period without updates in my journal I managed to remove aircon compressor, so now it was a mess and after couple of month I hardly could remember where did I put my toolsÖ
BTW, that's WTA intercooler CORE mock-up from carton. Without endtanks.. V2 maniford is really not cool for top mount options...
Also my new tyres arrived - same Dunlop DZ03G as I had before, but in 235/45 R17. Size is a bit odd for GC8, but I have other problems to solve before it will become top priority.
So, quick update on my TO DO list:
Delete ABS, install brembos. Simple. More below.
V2=>V4 conversion. Should be pretty simple, but Iím a bit nervous about it. patch harness arrived, so I hope that major harness splicing will be done there, keeping it as clean as possible. Cmon, who am I fooling? it will be a mess, for sure...
Strongly tied with v4 ECU swap. Engine has loud valvetrain noise, leaky valve covers and cracks in almost any rubber hose on it. Idea was to keep it on budget, so I didnít wanted to go deep in it planning to get as much as I could from stock unit. But common sense suggests some preventive maintenance. I have all the parts to do valve cover job and might try to adjust the valves. Tricky part is that it might be rare V2 STi engine with unique shim under bucket design and shims might be hard to find.. Otherwise itís HLA and they are just noisyÖ
Also on the list - v4 manifold swap (if necessary), 440 injectors, parallel fuel rails mod+AEM fuel pressure regulator, VF28 turbo. I have all the parts, just need to put it all together.
Decide on base kit
If I get full v4 manifold conversion I might use spare v4 intercooler I have as tempo solution.
Misc - finishing touch
Walbro fuel pump,
Complete AC delete
Audio delete/Central console with all the stuff that I need (datalogger, WTA IC controller, remote brake bias adjustment)
Since car is currently is on jackstands without wheels and brakes, I decided to finish with the brakes first.
I was trying to decide where to put brake bias valve and which front lines I might use.
Ended up with idea to put it where ABS unit is located. Since iím not 100% sure about engine configuration and which intake will be used on the engine, this spot looks like the only place which might not cause fitment issues in the future with both intake components.
Previously I was stuck because some bolts were missing to mount front calipers and some flares were stuck on ABS unit. Luckily hot weather and soaking two months in wd40 did helped and ABS unit is out!
Now I need to clean up working space for fabricating brake lines, the plan is to have both front lines made from scratch and re-use only rears.
Also I have universal Allstar aluminium brake disc cooling ducts. Theyíre not really fitting great on the hubs from the first look, but Iíll try to figure it out...
I hope next update will be this year