So, I did it.
Wisely decided not to go for Time attack event last Sunday, but went to practice on Saturday.
On Friday evening i managed to get to the friendly shop to change the diff. 4.444 ratio was correct and DCCD now not binding on the straights...
Managed to make 4 sessions with 3 of them mostly used for logging and optimizing fuel map, and on fourth one I finally tried to set the baseline time. Due to hot weather it was first fast lap out of the pits.. The result - 1:14.8 is whole two seconds more than my PB on narrower tyres (215 vs 235), but I made couple of mistakes and PB was in late October evening session with around 10 dec C colder ambient conditions. Looking at GPS logs of both runs, it's safe to say that car has very close pace and capable of doing 13.xx laps as is..
Unfortunately next day on time attack event I saw that to get to top 3 cars in my class I have to do something closer to 1:10, so still a lot of work ahead..
Those cars running 265 semi slicks and big turbos, but still... original plan was to use the driving skills, not muscle )))
By the way, got Greddy T518Z from a friend and sent it for rebuild.. Not sure when I will try to fit it on, current VF29 has some potential too, probably will try to find it.
Also, probably interior is coming out to rip all the speakers and audio wiring as well as electrical part of ABS. Thinking about leaving wheel sensors wiring to restore it and somehow use wheel speed sensors in future, but most of it needs to go.. Also need to remove sound insulation and seriously approach to baseline suspension setup.. I believe changing diff messed up my alignment, so it needs to be re-done anyways...
Some logged data from the day that I found interesting:
Log of my AFR.. I made some changes based on this, adding some fuel at to the bottom right..
each 24 units of load is roughly 100kpa, so 24 is atmospheric pressure, 48 is one bar of boost... Time to raise boost! )))
Next one is MAP and DCCD plots over Lat and Long position, gives you visual representation of boost and DCCD lock on the track. That MapDCCD is working hard!! Probably should tweak the map and remove lock on speed over 100 km/h.
TPS and RPM give rough idea of how gearing suits the track and when i'm able to open throttle.. Probably need to make some smart math channel with TPS, boost and RPM, will think about it..
This was my study of braking zone on big straight.. I thought that my heel-and-toe downshifts are not good enough and I unsettle the car during braking trying to blip the throttle.. Well.. accelerometer and brake pressure channels on bottom graphs are saying that it's ok... I just generally suck at braking, braking too early and not using brembos and tyres on their full potential...
And this is g-forces plot with TPS overlay on the left and my effort to map math channel that should represent total acceleration in m/s^2 on the right...
Looks nice and smart ))
Now I need to figure out how to use all this data to shave couple of seconds of my lap time ))