Pete, Chet24's 2.5RS - Page 3 - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > >
Pete, Chet24's 2.5RS

Old 02-18-2015, 11:28 PM   #21
chet24
2.0L

Fav Mod: Aerosim Carbon Roof
Trader Rating: (0)

I had rolled the fronts from my previous setup, I was a lot lower on the coilovers. So I just had to do the rears. And one side was actually just a pretty standard roll, no pull at all, but the other side where I had the body work I think had the fender in a tad farther that it should have been, so it took a little more work.
If you have the option, go with a 235/40, it is more true to original diameter and will fit better.
chet24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2015, 03:17 PM   #22
CO671
2.0L Turbo

Fav Mod: Trial Hood&Liberal Grill
Trader Rating: (3)

Sweet! Thanks again, learning a lot more about wheel and tire specs this past few weeks; glad I can finally sort out my options, btw you put 235/35/r17 in your first post instead of 235/45 :P How are you liking the Sportcomps so far?

also, the H6 rear brackets are like $13.79 on RockAuto if you haven't gotten them yet lol, I found one on eBay for bid a few months ago and just bid on it to get started, but like you, I've been just sitting on it (well it's under my bed) for too long since it's not a necessity anytime soon.

A-1 CARDONE Part # 141605
CO671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 04:39 PM   #23
chet24
2.0L

Default Pete, Chet24's 2.5RS

I have everything already for the h6 swap, I'm just lazy and have too much other crap to do to make it look pretty.

And I haven't had a chance to really push the tires too hard. I'm still rubbing a tiny bit on the one corner when I accelerate around a right hand turn, so I have to figure that out so I don't pop a tire mid turn. It's going to involve some cutting or grinding I think... Ugh.

And fixed the first post, thanks.

Last edited by chet24; 02-28-2015 at 10:10 AM..
Old 03-20-2015, 02:26 PM   #24
chet24
2.0L

Well, I went searching at 4 different junk yards to find a rust free quarter panel. I'm going to attempt to do all of this myself, my first big step into what I would consider major body work.

Couldn't get my friend with the welder to help me this week, so I decided to do h6 upgrade finally. Oldie, but goodie.
Some size comparison

And painted the calipers to match and swapped the works back on the car. So pretty...

And I hit a milestone today. The big 200k. Aside from the rust, you would never be able to tell, it still makes more power than most imprezas I've been in and sees redline almost daily. Still my favorite car I've owned, and I plan on driving it to 300k+. Unless it becomes a track car...

Old 03-22-2015, 12:48 AM   #25
Spec R
3.3L

Fav Mod: CA BAR sticker
Trader Rating: (5)

nice progress, but slow down bro. jk
Spec R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 01:01 PM   #26
chet24
2.0L

Default Pete, Chet24's 2.5RS

Had some pictures taken by Wavy the other night.

Old 03-22-2015, 01:02 PM   #27
CO671
2.0L Turbo

Fav Mod: Trial Hood&Liberal Grill
Trader Rating: (3)

YESSSSSSSSSS, these bring out the fogs so much better.
Hope you don't mind me spamming you on Instagram.
CO671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 01:03 PM   #28
chet24
2.0L

Spam away. I'm @gpace08 if you want to tag me
Old 04-29-2015, 07:58 PM   #29
chet24
2.0L

Finally got around to starting on my quarter panel. Followed pretty standard DIY writeup procedure. This was my first time. I have a friend who has done a bit more welding than me, but neither of us are body guys, and he knew less than me, so it was basically me doing all the cutting and measuring and he just did the welding. The plan was to use the TIG, but he realized he was out of gas after attempting to do the spot welds, so just regular gas MIG. They aren't the prettiest welds, but they work great and were free.
When I started all the sanding and realized how much bondo was already on the panel, it was pretty obvious that there had been an accident in this quarter panel before. It was pushed much farther in than the other side, and this would also explain why I had such a hard time fitting my wheels. The new panel does stick out as far as it should, so that means that I will need to build up the bondo quite a bit around the welding seam to make it even. Also visible is the evidence of the paid attempt to repair it 6 months ago and the crazy amount of rust that made it impossible.

I have finals this week, so I threw some primer on it and will hopefully get at least all the bondo done next week. I haven't decided if I want to try to do all the paint myself since I don't really have a very good place to do it, so I might get some quotes from some local shops and see what they would charge.

And I also decided that while I'm doing repair work, I might as well go all out. So I went to town on the roof and took out a few small rust spots that were just barely starting.

And I also had some extra thin gauge steel laying around from another project, so I decided to make my own rallytech style cooling plate. Very easy with a die grinder, cut of wheel, and a drill. I'll probably powder coat it sometime and maybe have something laser etched on it or something. I haven't decided yet.

And also found a picture of my car from a recent local meet.

Last edited by chet24; 04-29-2015 at 08:00 PM..
Old 04-29-2015, 08:35 PM   #30
prezy4life
3.3L

Car: 00rs and 97 GF8 L wagon
Fav Mod: My sheldan air freshener
Trader Rating: (11)

That wrx front lip really works well with the gc. One of my favorite front lip next to P1 and Oem.
prezy4life is offline   Reply With Quote