Spudz's DIY DD OBS build - Page 2 - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > >
Spudz's DIY DD OBS build

Old 03-10-2015, 08:33 AM   #11
yanksa01
2.5L

Car: '97 OBS
Fav Mod: H&R springs
Trader Rating: (2)

Thanks guys! Super happy with how they came out, I want to somehow amber the corners next.

I might hold on the strut install and try and find some lowering springs, just to make it feel less boaty.

Front pads and rotors went smoothly, thanks to my new impact wrench. People don't realize how good they have it with real tool setups, I'm just getting mine up there and it really shows the difference lol Clutch job starts Thursday!

Last edited by yanksa01; 03-10-2015 at 08:35 AM.. Reason: Missed stuff
yanksa01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2015, 05:51 PM   #12
Mitch4522
2.2L

Car: 1997 Subaru Impreza OBS
Fav Mod: UEL Headers
Trader Rating: (0)

That's twinning with mine haha same color and year! Oh and for the struts they want you to cut and bleed the brake lines what i did was cut a groove in mine so the brake lines didn't have to be cut but thats' just how i did it. Looking nice though!!
Mitch4522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 01:12 PM   #13
yanksa01
2.5L

Picked up a set of RS 6 spokes locally for cheap, had white spray paint laying around from my miata, actually really pleased with how they look! On the hunt for some lowering springs, weather is getting warmer which means some junkyard runs for the rear disc conversion and I'd like to find a mid wing.

Old 04-15-2015, 02:23 PM   #14
yanksa01
2.5L

Really digging these wheels!

This car puzzles me, it like the thing you dream of and once you get it, start questioning it. One day I want to keep her forever and build my dream wagon, the next day I want to sell her for a better down payment on my dream car, 07 spec B if youre wondering. I'm graduating college and moving to from PA to Charlotte, NC to start my new job, and finally having a "nice" car to drive everyday is something I feel like i have finally earned, and a spec B is litteraly perfect for what i want. But this wagon.. This wagon is what i have wanted since i was 16. It, too, could be perfect for what i would want. I just dont know.. I could go on forever... Somethings gonna happen that will decide for me..
Old 12-13-2015, 05:54 AM   #15
yanksa01
2.5L

Bring this thread back to life!!!

Alot has happened in the last 8 months. Moved to Charlotte, started my first "real" job, bought a miata with a hardtop for a daily until something stated to happen. I couldn't get this car out of my head. I missed it so much that as of last week I drove her down the whole 10 hour trip from Scranton to Charlotte and she didn't miss a beat! So now I have my baby back as my everyday car! Modding has already begun with some amber corner lights and a new pioneer double din, pics coming soon. Tint is coming in the next few weeks, would also like to get the audio working better than just 1 speaker , I have some gr-2s to throw on but I'd like to find some springs first. Goal is to get the car looking and handling correctly and comfortablely.
Old 12-22-2015, 03:52 PM   #16
yanksa01
2.5L

Holy crap a picture! Haha

Got some 20% tint all around, which I'm loving so far. Lots of plans for 2016, stay tuned for inevitable rant about life.
Old 12-26-2015, 07:10 AM   #17
yanksa01
2.5L

So a rant about life would be great, that means living in the past and that's just not what I can do anymore. Need to start looking forward at all the opportunity life has to offer. I think I'm getting ready to start my own path this year, take some chances and be my true self. It's been too long since that's been. So plans for 2016? I plan to show you, rather than try and tell you. Because all this time I've spent too much time and focus on telling, rather than showing.

Stay awesome! Stay positive!
Old 01-03-2016, 07:02 AM   #18
yanksa01
2.5L

Finally got a garage at the apartment complex I live out so big things to come! Installed new 6.5" Kickers in the front doors and 4" Pioneers in the rear doors. Sounds amazing to finally have a full working stereo haha. Have some parts waiting to go on and be installed and a list of things to pick up so things are getting interesting!
Old 01-14-2016, 04:20 PM   #19
yanksa01
2.5L

Working a ton has been pretty draining lately, but baewagon keeps a smile on my face and spoiling her makes me happy. Scored a set of H&R springs on sale off of Amazon, been wanting to do a retro fit for forever and pulled the trigger on some mirimoto projectors, buying HIDs once I decide on 5000k vs 6000k

My goal for this weekend is to finally get the rear rally armours on. Maybe actually hook up and wiring in my hella rather than just for show...

Last edited by yanksa01; 01-14-2016 at 04:25 PM..
yanksa01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 04:52 AM   #20
yanksa01
2.5L

Moved to the south hoping to escape the white stuff but the weather lately has just been odd. Keeping my eyes and options open for a swap donor, having very little luck so far, but it only takes one!