Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

Mammary Fornicators Racing - TitsFucker #1

139K views 789 replies 38 participants last post by  bue car 
#1 · (Edited)
Well here it is, my Bucket List Build. Ever since my brother (ChicksDigWagons) put together an OBS-T back in 2002 I've been telling myself I would build a 'GC' before I kicked the bucket.

I live near Marquette, MI which is home to some of the best backwoods roads and trails in the country. The Lake Superior Pro Rally is run about an hour north of me and the purpose of this build is pure rally. I'm not looking to tear up the streets, just get to the trail.

Basic run down of the build:

Engine:

EJ257 703 Casting Block
Big Power SOHC Heads ( See Post #3) - 8.96:1 Compression ratio
P&L Motorsports Race Application Oil Pump
VF28 Turbo - Now Forced Performance 71HTA!
JDM Spec C TGV-less Intake manifold
8mm Phenolic Spacers
2013 Sti TMIC
AVO One Piece inlet
Walbro 255
Perrin Top Feed Fuel Rail Kit.
Modded OEM Injectors 820cc

Exhaust:

Ported Version 6 STi manifold
Grimmspeed Ceramic Coated crosspipe
Homemade Flanged EWG up-pipe
Tial 38mm EWG
Invidia Downpipe
Invidia N1 Exhaust
All components Heat Wrapped/Sprayed

Misc. Performance:

Megasquirt MS3-Pro with DIYBOB connector
Innovate LC2 Wideband 02
Zerosports Intercooler Splitter
All Group N mounts/bushings -outrigger bushings
CX Racing Radiator with fans and shroud.
Home Brew Grounding Kit
110 Amp Alternator Swap
Whiteline Transmission crossmember bushings
Beatrush rear differential support
Cusco Rear Subframe Brace

Drivetrain:

MY00 WRX R/A Limited Transmission (4.44, Close Ratio) with DCCD and Helical front LSD (TY754VB1EA)
Whiteline Front shifter bushing
Group-N rear shifter bushing
New OEM late model shifter joint
R180 Plated 4.44 Rear Diff
Factory JDM V6 DCCD Controller (for now)

Brakes:

Subaru 4/2 Pots from MY00 WRX R/A Limited
ABS Delete
Grimmspeed master cylinder brace
03 WRX Master cylinder + proportioning valve

Suspension/Handling:

KYB AGXs
Group N Tophats
MY00 R/A Limited Springs
Aluminum Control Arms
Custom Aluminum front Sway bar endlinks
Audi a4 front endlinks in rear.
Whiteline Outrigger Bushings
Whiteline ALK
Subframe Lockdown Bolts
Solid Subframe Bushings
'dd Tuning' Fender Bracing
Whiteline Steering Rack Bushings
GC8 Carbon fiber Strut bar
Ebay Special rear Strut tower bar
19mm JDM Front Sway bar w/ Whiteline bushings
20mm JDM Rear Sway bar w/ Whiteline bushings

Tires/Wheels:

Tarmac/Travel - 17x8 +35 Speedline Twin 6 Spoke wearing TBD
Dirt Race/Rally - 15x6.5 Braid Winrace II wearing 195/60/15 Michelin Hard Compound Rally Tires
Winter/Ice Racing - 17x7 +35 Speedline ST2 6 Spokes wearing studded 235/45/17 Hankook i*Pike

Interior/Electronics:

V1/2 JDM STI Front and Rear Seats
Blue Type R limited shifter/stereo surround
JDM Version 6 Limited gauge cluster converted to MPH by G-ROM Cluster Flashing
Momo Prestige Mahogany/Leather Steering wheel
Nexus 7 Tablet for Audio/GPS/Shadowdash gauge display
Clarion EQS746 EQ/Line driver
Rockford Fosgate R300x4 Amplifier (75w x 4 RMS @ 2 ohm)
MTX Thunder 7500 10"
Optima Red top 35 series.

Exterior/Lighting:

Lots of Rust

FX-45 Projector retrofit
Smoked Tails
Hella 500 with DDM 55w HID retrofit
EYourLife 288w Quad Row 26" Light bar (24,000 Lumens!)
Rinolined Rear Quarters
1 1/4" Curt Trailer Hitch
JDM V6 Grill
Tree Fiddy bronze bumper stays
p1 Style Vent Scoops
Supertits Blobeye style hoodscoop
Legit RB5 Spoiler

Skid Plates/Protection
Rally Armor 3/8" Aluminum front skid
Custom 3/8" Aluminum transmission skid
1/4" High Density Polyethylene belly pan.
"PASS WITH CARE" road sign rear diff skid.

This is how she looked pretty much the day I got her.

And how she sits as of today (11/11/2016)

Attachments

See less See more
#257 ·
I was looking at this style, just not sure if I have a good place to mount it where I can be confident it will hold. I might have enough meat further towards the back of the car. I'll have to look closer tonight when I get home.

#262 ·
Rear cross/diff is looking good! Beatrush bars always look like icing on the cake down there. Best of luck on the hardlines.. I was surprised mine weren't crustier when I swapped over my calipers. About snapped a damn bleeder though!

I vote snowboard binding strap bumper latch!! But may be a little bias

#263 ·
Thanks! Turns out my rear diff bushings are pretty shot. Glad I at least have the brace on there. Still plan on getting replacements somewhere down the line. Hard lines are driving me nuts, flaring brake like is about my least favorite thing to do. Getting pretty proficient by now though.

#266 · (Edited)
No fancy pictures or anything. I did finally find the missing adapter for my brake flaring kit and finished the drivers side rear work. At least on the hardline.

This weekend on the beginning of next week is going to be spent cleaning the garage and getting everything I need to complete the wiring in order. I scheduled some time with a friend of mine to come over and help out. He's been doing automotive wiring for a long time and I know will do an excellent job in 1/10th the time it would take me alone. Once the wiring is done, it's time to fire it up!

Real updates soon!

#269 ·
Minor interior progress. Running wires for the Stereo before I put the carpet back in.

Most depressing thing is I opened my glove box, coupons from almost 4 years ago in there.

3 RCA leads and Speaker wire for front speakers coming from the 4 channel amp.

Remote turn on, spare lead and 4g power from battery to trunk.

Putting this stack of Loom to work! Though I bought two of the same size, which is why the power lead is pretty much crammed into the loom.

#270 ·
Little bit more progress last night. Not much for a visual but I did go through and tighten all the fuel line connections. Remount my FPR and ran the fuel return hose. Also finished running the power leads to the trunk so now I'm ready put the carpet back in and put the interior back together.

I also picked up my other fender from my storage unit. I definitely like the amber side marker more than the black. Now my door opens without any interference with the fender. I do need some SRP touch up paint. Anyone have a recommendation as to where to get some?

#272 ·
Woot! Progress! My buddy was cleaning my carpet for me and I went and picked it up last night. Getting the carpet really made me want to sit inside and make engine noises so I got right to it.

Before I put the carpet in I slapped down a roll of cheap sound deadening. I know it's the anti-thesis to 'Because Racecar' but 'Because Rock'n'Roll' is definitely important to me. Besides is 15 pounds of sound deadening really gonna make a difference given the power to weight ratio I should have with my set-up? I also plan on daily driving this car and am trying to keep out some of the driveline noise from the solid subframe mounts and other stiff bushings I've added.

It's definitely haphazardly applied but I was in a rush to make engine noises!

Had a few hangups getting the interior back together. Mostly because I lost just about every single clip and bolt that holds it together. Need to find the ones for the rear side panels and order some for the door sills. I do still have some wiring to do up front and the sound deadening is only up to the middle of the front seats. I might go back in and finish off the rest of the floor.

But it's together!

And I got my wish, engine noises!

Yet to be done:

Wire TPS
Loom Engine Harness
Swap IAC wires to WRX IAC and fuel pressure inputs (4 leads)
Install front brake lines
Secure rear brake lines
Install T for front ABS delete
Flush/Bleed brakes
Run vaccuum lines to Wastegate/BCS/etc
Reinstall manifold
Triple check every hose for proper clamps
Tighten fuel lines at rails
Reinstall passenger side catch can
Install Radiator/hoses
Finish headlight retrofit
Wire light bar to foot switch
Modify fog wiring to operate independent of headlights
Drain Gas tank
Tighten seatbelts/front seats
Install Tablet in dash
Finish install stereo and USB hub
Connect E-brake lead to DCCD control box
Tie DCCD control box to ACC power in car (Currently hardwired to battery for testing)
Install intercooler & air filter
Build turbo support bracket
Modify exhaust hangers to fully support exhaust / install proper spring bolts at downpipe
Replace rear endlinks
Double check torque on every single bolt on the car
Add Coolant
Add Oil
Start the Car!

#274 ·
Can you please tell me more about your sound deadening? I was thinking about doing this to my OBS this past week as the vibrations and noise from solid mounts and such is ridiculously more loud in my GC than it was in my GD. i dont care so much about adding weight either. I like to hear more than rattle squeeks and the firewall megaphone when i drive around town.

I am mainly curious about what type/brand and how much you used? Have you used it before? Does it work very well for lining the cabin/firewall? I have only ever seen it for doors and speakers for sound people, never for NVH.

I know dynamat makes a very expensive roll of sound deadening stuff but im hesitant to drop that kind of money.

#282 ·
#275 ·
No need to get dynamat, it's nothing special. I used some cheap stuff from eBay. ( New DSD 25SQFT Noise Control Auto Sound Deadener Super Stick Super Self Adhesive | eBay ) I've used similar stuff in other cars with good results. I think I will get some thicker stuff for the front half of the cabin/firewall area though. That roll did my back seats, back floors and front half of the trunk. Going to add more to the front half of the cabin and the entire trunk before it's completely done.

#277 ·
I'm in the same boat, isn't stopping me from building a loud nasty externally gated car. With the stuff at the link I posted the roller is a complete joke, it broke after about 2 square feet. Honestly I really didn't need it though, it all stuck pretty well unless I forgot to wipe the dust/dirt from the panel first.

#280 ·
So I took this video of my shifter linkage. Looks to me that the lower bushings bracket is tweaked fairly well. Definitely need to replace the linkage. While I was down there I started poking at some rust on the underbody. Way worse than I thought. I'm thinking about picking up some 3/8" plate and welding in a patch panel. Any thoughts?

#281 ·
Rust is the bane of my existence. Even things I have removed rust from and painted with rust reformer are still rusting through from just sitting in the yard. Also, I'm looking for ideas for rock sliders/underbody protection and to plug the holes in my rockers.

#284 ·
Ass end in complete. Still have three sheets for the front half of the cabin. I definitely recommend the Noico stuff as far as quality of material goes!

I definitely could of done a better job on the side panels. Will probably do some more once I see what's left after doing the front of the car. The passenger side was done with almost entirely scraps.

I also got the car up on stands and started hitting the front brake lines with PB Blaster. Hoping I don't snarf those hard lines as well but only time will tell.

#285 ·
the doors are a major source of noise. i did all the areas youve done, and added yoga mat over the tranny tunnel and behind the door cards. roof too. with the quickroof on the doors with the yoga mat, my doors dont have that floppy tinny sound anymore. nice solid thump like a benz.

#287 · (Edited)
So I've been thinking about ways to protect the deadener mat in the trunk from tools and other crap I might have in the trunk. What I'm hoping will work out is some truck bed coating on top of the mat. In theory the backing is aluminum so if I rough it up the bed liner should stick. I have one piece covered in Herculiner right now. I'm also considering using some Duplicolor Spray on Truck bed coating. I have a can of it here that I am going to try out on a small piece to test adheasion and resistance to flex.

Seems people in the Jeep world have done this with varying levels of success. I'll be testing and report back what I find. I've also considered picking up a load of scraps from the local flooring mill and making a wood floor. Only time will tell.