My 50K mile RS Sedan - Page 4 - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > >
My 50K mile RS Sedan

Old 11-26-2014, 10:41 AM   #31
DLer
2.2L

Car: 2001 BDP RS Sedan
Trader Rating: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbouch10 View Post
Ooooo I bought mine at 58k. I had all sorts of bad luck with mine, I hope you do not experience any of that!
Well...Village Subaru in MA was a complete and utter nightmare to me when I bought it. Their GM John Olesen was very difficult to deal with and would not support a used car I just bought. This was my first time working with a dealership.

The car has significant rust (SHOCK) on the rear subframe. It took quite a lot of money to get it back to running condition. It had leaking brake lines! And the rear left brake caliper was so far gone it was sticking while driving along. I had a master tech look over the car, only to find these problems later. So much for a helping hand. These were serious concerns as brake components were in dire need of replacing, making it very hazardous to drive.

The worst part was that MD Inspection actually PASSED the car, so I had no foot to stand on with the dealership, that gave me only a couple hundred bucks amount of compensation. They always reiterated that "MD says your car is safe" and that the rust concerns were negated by saying "In MA that is not considered rust".

Long story short, they ****ed me over and while it was a learning experience, they did not do the right thing, and wanted me to send the car back for repairs, by SHIPPING it back. I feared they would hold it hostage, then if I wanted it back I'd have to pay to ship it back AGAIN. When I discussed returning the car, with only 300 miles put on it at that time, they would not offer me a full refund but more than $2K less than what I paid.

So yeah, a little bad luck, but now I'm enjoying the car. ANYWAYS.
DLer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2014, 10:42 AM   #32
jonny o
2.0L Turbo

Fav Mod: hand formed function
Trader Rating: (14)

That stuff cures with heat so you'll have to handle it carefully until you get it on and run it for a while. Should look great though. Working up the gumption to do the same thing with my scoobysport. Good luck and let us see the results.
Old 12-01-2014, 08:35 AM   #33
DLer
2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny o View Post
That stuff cures with heat so you'll have to handle it carefully until you get it on and run it for a while. Should look great though. Working up the gumption to do the same thing with my scoobysport. Good luck and let us see the results.
While I didn't take detailed pictures, the results came out great! It only took half a can, and I had gave it plenty of coats. Also, when I let it dry for three hours, when I put it on, it did peel off at the hanger area because there was WD40/PB Blaster on one, paint stripped right off. Gonna touch it up later.

I also used Kartboy long hangers, which I don't think were needed here. I have standard ones on the way, want to fill the gap between the tip and the body of the car (about 35-40mm now).

And this piece of junk was so rotted it had no internal "guts" anymore, it was just dust.

Anyways I'm happy with the product, its a little drone-y at highway speed but not so much so. It was a hassle to get on for just one part though.

Does anyone have a part number for the LEFT hanger bracket? The piece that holds the bolt which the hanger sits on? I couldn't find it on OpposedForces, but that thing was so stuck on I couldn't get that hanger replaced, and bent it up because that bracket is old and rusty. Anyone out there that can help?

EDIT: Found it, of course: 50828FA000

Last edited by DLer; 12-01-2014 at 08:55 AM..
Old 12-01-2014, 06:52 PM   #34
Uni98RS
2.2L

Trader Rating: (46)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLer View Post

I'll admit it was a bit nerve-wracking taking sandpaper to a nearly new exhaust, but I'm painting it black with VHT exhaust spray to give it a more OEM style look. The worst part was getting the line straight on the exhaust tip itself with the tape, and sanding that line just next to the tape. I wanted to paint over that weld spot as seen on many other exhausts that have black boxes and such.

Thanks to Rob (Uni98RS) for the exhaust at a great price!
You sanded my nice shinny exhaust! looks good black. Now if I can just buy it back with the car included
Uni98RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 09:17 AM   #35
DLer
2.2L

Well it's been a bit since I posted, but I got the Blizzak's on, and today it finally snowed! Love this car with this setup now, very fun to tool around in!

Old 04-09-2015, 08:08 AM   #36
DLer
2.2L

Its been a while, been busy!

Mid-Atlantic got a good snowfall this season

Picked up a set of amber corner lights, took three tries to get a not-broken pair from eBay...also picked up a coupe wing and painted it.

And lastly...

17x7" Speedline ST2's! The stickers were falling off so I've gone ahead and started to remove all of them, may place new ones on later. Clay bar'd and cleaned as much as I can, I do need to have one touched up for curb rash.

Suspension is up next! Might go with Flatout Suspension, but I'm conflicted as I was originally preferring to go with just a spring/strut combo. May also get a rear swaybar as well to reduce understeer.

That's it for now...59K miles!
Old 04-13-2015, 08:07 AM   #37
sbouch10
Premium Member

Fav Mod: Whiteline stuffs
Trader Rating: (6)

Those Speedlines look great in gold. Can't wait to see them on the car!
Old 04-22-2015, 10:35 AM   #38
DLer
2.2L

Can anybody tell me what mirrors these are? Where I can find them?
Old 05-07-2015, 12:47 PM   #39
DLer
2.2L

Looking forward to my Flatout Suspension getting here!!!
Old 05-07-2015, 02:13 PM   #40
2 Door
I ❤ BOOBIES

Fav Mod: A career
Trader Rating: (18)

Lovin' the updates, keep it up.
2 Door is offline   Reply With Quote