Aspen White 97 Brighton Coupe - Page 5 - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > >
Aspen White 97 Brighton Coupe

Old 11-28-2014, 09:26 AM   #41
matb1988
2.2L

Fav Mod: wrx swap/white paint
Trader Rating: (0)

cchang I did not have to modify the dash beam itself. once you mount it up there will be a gap where the two lower support legs met the transmission tunnel, this area needs a lot of attention because the srs control unit mounts to the same bracket as the lower dash beam supports. this bracket is spot welded to the transmission tunnel. I have not yet addressed this whole dilemma...still thinking about gc822bdreamers suggestion of making an adapter bracket. I want to do it but I dont know if I should snag the bracket off my RS or just machine one at work. more to come on this topic. if anybody can tell me how important it is that the srs unit be mounted EXACTLY where it was or can it be a few mm up down left or right? if I make the bracket its going to be about 10mm higher than before. due to the hardware needed to mount it.
matb1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2014, 09:12 PM   #42
Osgood30
2.7L

Car: 99 Impreza RSTI
Trader Rating: (4)

Wow man, I am impressed. You took on the work that others would have been unwilling to do, with body panels and other sheet metal work.
Osgood30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 10:59 AM   #43
cchang26
1.8L

Car: 2000 Impreza RS BRP
Fav Mod: N/A ATM
Trader Rating: (1)

ok, I'll wait on what you do. I'm just doing research for now and want to see what would be the easiest route.
cchang26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 09:55 AM   #44
matb1988
2.2L

just went over 2000 views thanks for the interest everybody hope you're enjoying the show. Right now things are at a stand still because im trying to sell my DD 1995 bmw 525i auto. I need monies to buy some sti awesomeness.
Old 11-30-2014, 10:14 AM   #45
matb1988
2.2L

got this rack a while back, was told its an 04 sti..can anybody help me with this one. it seemed significantly wider than my original, i plan to put some moog j spec inner tie rods
got it mocked up in the car right now. magically the hoses fit(hoses came of the blue car i got (first and only benefit of buying an already swapped car)

Old 12-13-2014, 05:12 PM   #46
matb1988
2.2L

so I have been looking and thinking and measuring an trying to come up with a way to mount the srs controller for the rs and its looking like im going to cut/weld the factory bracket in. There is just no good quick way out:-/
Old 12-13-2014, 07:55 PM   #47
matb1988
2.2L

Today was a good day. I picked up a 2006 STI turbo back exhaust...$200...1000 miles on it. my hand came out the tip clean. thought it was kinda pricy bit its mint condition and came with the turbo heat shield.

Old 12-19-2014, 11:05 AM   #48
matb1988
2.2L

so I put the exhaust on and got a new o2 sensor for it, but I notice some bad things...
1. EGT sensor wires cut off not connected.
2. Boost control solenoid not existant, line running from turbo to wastegate T'd off to intake.
3. bypass valve on intercooler blanked off completely. could not see it when bolted up but had some foil **** blocking it off.
4. RRFPR on the fuel line by the pump. RRFPR on the fuel line between the intake and fuel filter.

This is how I got the engine and it ran fairly well without all this. Steady idle quick throttle response. although I never drove it it felt great.

Now that I have added the exhaust and o2 and got her up to temp its running like dookie. I let it idle for 5min and reved to 5k briefly but its really slow and hesitant.

Tried calling the dealer to see if they can reset my ecu only..then follow up by correcting all the hardware changes. so far I have removed the foil stuff and have vac lines to re-do the BCS system. just waiting for egt and a solenoid.
...facepalm for no knowing enough about the wrx ecu.

Last edited by matb1988; 12-19-2014 at 11:11 AM..
Old 01-04-2015, 09:38 AM   #49
matb1988
2.2L

So after much deliberation and many sketches i ended up mounting the srs unit.
No brackets. slightly modified srs unit.

First i unbolted the lower dash beam supports,placed blots throught the upper holes facing backwards

spaced the bottom out with a big old 10mm spacer

The srs unit has two screws on the bottom. remove these and you can modify the base plate that it mounts on.

I cut two 8mm wide x 20mmlong diagona slots they start about 5mm above the original mounting holes
then used the existing m6 holes for the rear mount

placed two nuts over the bolts and snugged down.

sketchy maybe...but whatever im brave.

i need to seal up the steering colunm at the fire wall,mount the steering bag, mount the front srs sensors, plug it all in and my interior
is done.
Old 01-16-2015, 10:12 PM   #50
GC822BDREAMER
2.0L Turbo

Fav Mod: JDM REAR GLASS/ETS SCOOP
Trader Rating: (43)

sketchy? not really it looks like factory the way u mounted it. im subbin. check out my build tell me what ya think
GC822BDREAMER is offline   Reply With Quote