Now that i have a rough ideal of where everything goes, the beam,column and HVAC all came out,
i laid the harness in went to plug it all back in and what do you know, my 97 fuel tank harness
does not match up to the rs harness...booo!!!
It was ummm a uhhh just a little rusty under there. The four bolts holding the crossmember all came out fine.
once i got the tank down i realized it was trash. rust holes in the seam and ALL the hard lines had crumbled.
The feed line was all plastic so it was still running...somehow.
So plan B is to use the Rs fuel tank wiring harness loom and main level sending unit and bypass the second fuel
level sending unit.
brighton on the top RS at the bottom
cut the wires
re-install. it was super easy!
At that point i cut off the aux sending unit and joined the two wires leading out to that. The brighton level sensor read 100ohms full, 0 empty.
Each of the RS sensors read 50 empty 0 ohms full. So i thought this would be a slam dunk, but it wasnt. i put 5 gal in and it didnt move the needle.
i resorted to pulling the sender out again and lifting the float to full while it was all plugged in. No dice. it only goes to 3/4 and moves super
not sure how to fix this just yet...:/ ive tried researching but all i could find is what got me this far. The brighton is such I bastard child