Ari's WRB GC8 Turbo Build - Lots of Pics! - Page 7 - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > >
Ari's WRB GC8 Turbo Build - Lots of Pics!

Old 08-07-2014, 12:16 PM   #61
Etownwrx
1.8L

Car: '99 RHD Widebody
Trader Rating: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariii View Post
Hey thanks man! I think the spoiler is just known as a WRX roof spoiler. Although I could't find any pics on google. And now that I think about it I haven't seen it on any cars for except here in Iceland, and there are quite a few that have it. I think they are meant to be for the bugeye models
Right on well looks great. Upon doin a little more research I believe I found them, thanks again!
Etownwrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2014, 07:27 AM   #62
Ariii
2.0L Turbo

Fav Mod: Loud exhaust!
Trader Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovegcs View Post
Nice car man. Great build. I am in the process of building my 96. I admire your patience with this build. THis is motivation for myself and should be for others.
Thanks! And good luck with your build pal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etownwrx View Post
Right on well looks great. Upon doin a little more research I believe I found them, thanks again!
No problem man, if you have any quiestions feel free to ask
Ariii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 07:14 PM   #63
jasonsjohn
2.0L

If i may ask a question... When you disconnected the ABS, did you just simply unplug / not wire in the ABS system.. or did you just condemn the entire unit?

Reason I'm asking, is i've been getting an issue with my brakes, the pedal never sits well sometimes when I apply brake and I always get a vibration between the speeds of 80kmph-50kmph, when apply brakes between that range... I've tried installed brand new DBA rotors, servicing the calliper etc and i've gotten the same exact issue. Im actually thinking something inside of the ABS pump is giving me the issue. I've disconnected my ABS, as it was not rewired into my car however the lines are still connected (i.e. pressure would still be going through the pump)

Any input or guidance i'appreciate it a lot.

Thanks
jasonsjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 12:51 PM   #64
Ariii
2.0L Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonsjohn View Post
If i may ask a question... When you disconnected the ABS, did you just simply unplug / not wire in the ABS system.. or did you just condemn the entire unit?

Reason I'm asking, is i've been getting an issue with my brakes, the pedal never sits well sometimes when I apply brake and I always get a vibration between the speeds of 80kmph-50kmph, when apply brakes between that range... I've tried installed brand new DBA rotors, servicing the calliper etc and i've gotten the same exact issue. Im actually thinking something inside of the ABS pump is giving me the issue. I've disconnected my ABS, as it was not rewired into my car however the lines are still connected (i.e. pressure would still be going through the pump)

Any input or guidance i'appreciate it a lot.

Thanks
Hey man, so what I did was just remove the front ABS sensors. The whole system otherwise is still installed. Did you change the rotors yourself? Just make sure that the surface under the rotors is clean, if it isn't it might cause the vibration. Your problem does sound more brake/wheel related than the ABS. So if the surface under the rotors is clean I would checķ if your wheels are bendt or if they need balancing. Hope this helps
Old 08-16-2014, 01:55 PM   #65
Ariii
2.0L Turbo

Started my trunk lip project again

Old 08-17-2014, 02:41 PM   #66
Ariii
2.0L Turbo

Tried on my wingless trunk today

I think I like the wing a bit better though, maybe I should get one more trunk and get a v6 spoiler
Old 09-18-2014, 12:31 PM   #67
Ariii
2.0L Turbo

A little update I guess, haven't posted in a while... So funny thing, just soon after my last post when I joked about getting a v6 spoiler I actually accidentally bought a v5 STi replica spoiler I think I like it a lot better than a v6 one, not to big, just right And I also got amber corners which I love! I also got a free hawkeye STi lip that needs to be repaired but since its missing a piece and its made out of polyurathane which I canīt seem to find anywhere I haven't been able to repair it yet

Anyway took some pics

Old 09-18-2014, 02:08 PM   #68
BattleD01
2.2L

Car: 96 Impreza GM4.5
Fav Mod: ? Secret

Wow nice car what color paint is this?
Old 09-18-2014, 04:27 PM   #69
Munch
2.0L Turbo

Fav Mod: Trunk Light kit
Trader Rating: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleD01 View Post
Uh...it says in the title of the thread dude. It's WRB.

Car is looking friggin fantastic BTW. I love that v5 wing. I really want to find one for myself, but if I ever find one, I have no money. When I have money they're never around.
Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 03:32 PM   #70
Ariii
2.0L Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleD01 View Post
Thanks man, but yeah like Munch said it says in the title of the thread and in the specs list on the first page

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munch View Post
Uh...it says in the title of the thread dude. It's WRB.

Car is looking friggin fantastic BTW. I love that v5 wing. I really want to find one for myself, but if I ever find one, I have no money. When I have money they're never around.
Thanks Munch! I couldnīt be happier with the v5 wing, for except what the brake light looks like, kinda cheapo... but overall nice and it was already painted WRB!