My 2004 2.5RS - Page 6 - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > >
My 2004 2.5RS

Old 02-27-2014, 07:57 AM   #51
04_2.5RS
2.7L

Fav Mod: Mud flaps ;)
Trader Rating: (1)

Thanks man I found the fuel leak. Coming from one the lines you told me to look at by the intake. Coming straight off the new fuel filter they put in. I'll try to get a pic.
04_2.5RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2014, 08:17 AM   #52
ShinjiML
2.7L

Car: 2002 WRB WRX
Fav Mod: Stage 2; Swift Springs

Sounds like a bit of carelessness by the shop, tighten up the clamp and you should be good to go!

The canister plug on the other hand might require a bit of wire splicing if a simple tape job doesn't fix it.
ShinjiML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 09:10 AM   #53
ipodwinner31
3.3L

Fav Mod: Delta 2000 cams ftw
Trader Rating: (3)

definitely +1 on the sway bar. and 80 bucks isnt bad..you gotta remember its a name brand one. i paid 90$ for mine (20mm) brand new, straight from subaru. no shipping either cus it was delivered to my dads shop if you do endlinks on the other hand...i personally went with perrin spherical bearing endlinks which were 180$ (double the price of the sway bar! :O )

its definitely recommended to replace/upgrade the endlinks with the sway bar, and i believe perrin is the only one that makes spherical bearing endlinks. when i did my research it seemed like they were the only ones that really made the most difference. even though its probably negligible to human feel, i went for em anyway.

also, im riding on KYB AGX adjustable struts with H&R sport springs. i havent measured actual values, however the advertised drop is 1.5" front 1.4" rear. and honestly, i think my car sits perfect. i romp my car in the snow, and have NEVER gotten stuck (aside from slightly sliding into a ditch but that was because i was going to do a 3 point turn and started off the shoulder and didnt know there was a ditch cus of the snow. didnt slam it, just kinda slowly slid in lol) i LOVE looking at how she sits. and its definitely that much better with 17s and some nice 225s

edit: dont settle for the 17mm. get the 20. idk what the actual difference is in performance, but i know my car has IMMACULATE handling in the snow, and i can drift that pig like a ****in boss with a lil bit of pow pow. granted my struts and springs probably help this too, but oversteer is most directly effected by your sway bar

Last edited by ipodwinner31; 02-27-2014 at 09:13 AM..
ipodwinner31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 12:09 PM   #54
ShinjiML
2.7L

According to Oakos, a 20mm sway bar will increase torsional stiffness by 92% over a 17mm and around 400% over the stock 13mm sway bar. A 17mm sway bar only offers around a 150% increase over the stock 13mm.

Last edited by ShinjiML; 02-27-2014 at 12:11 PM..
Old 02-27-2014, 12:58 PM   #55
04_2.5RS
2.7L

Well **** lol, I remember seeing a bugeye at a junkyard I went to before and I need this wiring harness/ connector plug cuz Subaru says they doesnt sell individual "pigtails"

So maybe I'll see if its got the rear sway still on it. If not I'll just keep an eye out for a 20mm and if I have to I'll just pay shipping for one
Old 02-28-2014, 03:26 AM   #56
04_2.5RS
2.7L

Ipodwinner, its not a "name brand" per se... if I am correct FHI stands for Fuji Heavy Industries. So it is just factory bar. He probably purchased it straight from subaru just like you did. Either way your right its really no that much in reality because it comes with end links and everything.
I pmed the guy and hopefully we can meet up soon. Just sucks cuz I prob can't install it until after this horrible cold so that means I won't even be able to feel the difference in the snow until next winter. Unless it warms up for a week and then we get dumped on at the end of march. That would be pretty cool!
Old 02-28-2014, 11:41 AM   #57
04_2.5RS
2.7L

Got the check engine light off!!! Yesss!!
Old 02-28-2014, 12:12 PM   #58
ShinjiML
2.7L

What ended up being the issue?
Old 02-28-2014, 12:35 PM   #59
04_2.5RS
2.7L

Exactly what I pictured. The yellow/green wire... the one I called white... was completely severed before the harness.. the pin in the harness still had good wire so I attempted to solder a new piece of wire onto the "pin" but I was not thinking and used wayyy to much solder.. I almost filled in the pin so it would no longer slide onto the male side...

I decided to ditch the wire harness completely.. grabbed some female connectors from pep boys, cut some of the new wire I had already bought and plug em in and spliced into the existing wires.

I made sure to do the correct wire on the correct "pins"

I disconnected my negative terminal and pumped the brakes then let it sit for 10 mins. I reconnected the negative and turned her on and there was no more check engine light!

I'll get some pics up eventually...

I still need to secure and tape everything up so it doesnt happen again
Old 03-01-2014, 06:27 AM   #60
04_2.5RS
2.7L

Is it necessary to upgrade the end links when upgrading sway bar to only 20mm? Every offer I get says it comes with OEM end links...
Is it okay to run the OEM endlinks for a little while and then upgrade or is that entirely unsafe and stupid to do?

Also anyone have any recommendations on lightweight crank pulleys? There are so many brands... kart boy, cobb, Perrin, grimmspeed... any one have any experience?