My 2004 2.5RS - Page 3 - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > >
My 2004 2.5RS

Old 02-16-2014, 03:47 PM   #21
04_2.5RS
2.7L

Fav Mod: Mud flaps ;)
Trader Rating: (1)

Thanks for the info man! The wheels dont include tires in the price right?

I am interested in the struts for sure. I think I want to make sure I get ATLEAST a 17mm RSB before I do anything else... I am hoping to get a 20mm
04_2.5RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2014, 03:59 PM   #22
ShinjiML
2.7L

Car: 2002 WRB WRX
Fav Mod: Stage 2; Swift Springs

Yeah no tires, I never even mounted these, but the classifieds should have some good tires in the 215 or 225/45/17 size for cheap.

I'd say definitely get a 20 mm sway bar. I had one and I even managed to get it to work with the stock 05 RS bushings.
ShinjiML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 04:21 PM   #23
SergeDeC
2.0L

Fav Mod: Tein Coilovers
Trader Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04_2.5RS View Post
That's what I thought! I didn't know about the HG tho :/ lol
Oh well I am hoping this car will last as long as I need it to for me and hopefully catch a fair price when I go to sell it because of the work I have done to it.

Awesome thanks man! It would be sweet to grab some fog covers off of here for a little cheaper! I'll have to keep an eye out.
Yeah I really want to do exhaust. Did you do headers and all or just an axle back?

I really like rpf1s for how light they are bit they are expensive! I'm kinda scared to lower the car because I like having good ground clearance for winter but at the same time I am thinking of having a winter and summer setup. I am a noob still. How hard/ expensive is it to have two different setups?

I'm in south jersey btw. How cheap are we talking lol

The only thing I would say is that If you plan on running coilovers throughout the summer and winter (basically in the snow, salt, etc.)... Make sure that the adjustable part of the coilover is made in stainless steel so that the winter doesn't corrode it over time and you can continue to adjust the ride height between each summer and winter season.

And thanks for the photobucket tip, I'm making an account!
SergeDeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 06:01 PM   #24
Mboone
1.8L

I have the same coolant problem on my 04 rs... I looked at your pictures andine isn't half as bad as yours but I'm having the same issues as you are... It's been pretty cold since I got it and it seems on the days were it is warm like 50+ there is no problem whatsoever, no burning smell, no coolant leaking, nothing! But anyway, what was the magic coolant stuff and where did you get it?
Mboone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 06:13 PM   #25
04_2.5RS
2.7L

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinjiML View Post
Yeah no tires, I never even mounted these, but the classifieds should have some good tires in the 215 or 225/45/17 size for cheap.

I'd say definitely get a 20 mm sway bar. I had one and I even managed to get it to work with the stock 05 RS bushings.
I might pass on the wheels. I am really only trying to go lighter and that's tough when the OEM wheels are 16.5lbs.

Yeah I am just trying to find one locally so I don't have to pay for shipping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeDeC View Post
The only thing I would say is that If you plan on running coilovers throughout the summer and winter (basically in the snow, salt, etc.)... Make sure that the adjustable part of the coilover is made in stainless steel so that the winter doesn't corrode it over time and you can continue to adjust the ride height between each summer and winter season.

And thanks for the photobucket tip, I'm making an account!
Thanks man! You got a set of coilovers you would recommend? I really like the idea of just being able to adjust my ride height instead of switching out springs every winter.

No problem. Giving each other tips is what its all about!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mboone View Post
I have the same coolant problem on my 04 rs... I looked at your pictures andine isn't half as bad as yours but I'm having the same issues as you are... It's been pretty cold since I got it and it seems on the days were it is warm like 50+ there is no problem whatsoever, no burning smell, no coolant leaking, nothing! But anyway, what was the magic coolant stuff and where did you get it?
That's weird. It seemed to be less of an issue when it was cold for me, as long as I warmed the car up before driving.

Subaru coolant conditioner. I got it from amazon but you should be able to go to your local dealer and grab a bottle.
Old 02-16-2014, 06:17 PM   #26
ShinjiML
2.7L

No problem
Old 02-16-2014, 06:49 PM   #27
04_2.5RS
2.7L

I am still considering the struts/ springs tho. I just don't have the money right now...

See ya around
Old 02-16-2014, 06:52 PM   #28
ShinjiML
2.7L

OK let me know! No pressure though
Old 02-16-2014, 08:08 PM   #29
SergeDeC
2.0L

Fav Mod: Tein Coilovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04_2.5RS View Post
Thanks man! You got a set of coilovers you would recommend? I really like the idea of just being able to adjust my ride height instead of switching out springs every winter.

No problem. Giving each other tips is what its all about!

I don't have coilovers yet, but the plan for the Hawkeye would be to put KW Coilovers on it because most (if not all) of their models are built using stainless steel. To adjust the ride height, if I'm not mistaken, the car has to be put on a lift and manually adjusted... but this doesn't entail taking off the suspension or anything, you just have to turn something to screw it in or out more (not very technical on my part, i know, but apparently it's quite simple lol).

I'm leaning towards the V2's because you can adjust height and stiffness, whereas the V1's only adjust height.
SergeDeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 08:21 PM   #30
nhawks
2.0L Turbo

Fav Mod: Ricer Red parts for +25KW

my buddie has megan street coilovers on his 07 wrx tr. i messed with em this weekend getting his ride height and dampening dialed in for DD comfort, and even with the really crappy roads around here they can be tuned pretty nice for street use, as well as some light track/ autox. all the components were of really good quality and were easy to adjust. you can have anywhere from pretty much stock ride height or the full herra frush if thats your thing.
nhawks is offline   Reply With Quote