Rain, rain, and more rain slowing things down. Can't finalize the core support anyway because I'm still waiting/looking for a lightweight hood, passenger headlight, and corner lights.
...but anyway.....I made a new electrolysis set-up. Made use of the rebar from my old set-up, and just bought a deeper container. This time I welded the cage together instead of just linking it all with copper wire.
First up to be de-rusted is the little flywheel cover thing underneath the engine, and a bunch of hardware. I'm very curious how the hardware will turn out. I also have a spare turbo header I want to try.
While I wait on parts, I did some more little things inside the engine bay.
--Closed off some unused bolt holes. The main reason was to get rid of rusty broken bolts from a while ago....and it made the bay look a little better I guess.
The plan for the engine bay is to add minimal bondo and metal patches.....so I might not close off many more things, mainly because it'll just add a bunch of time and weight.
Passenger side strut tower had 4:
Drivers side strut tower had 2, plus the holes for the VIN plate. I removed the VIN plate because it's been falling off for years
Ran into a little rust issue on one of the holes.....which caused this side not to turn out as well as the driver's side. Drilled it out, and before I knew it I was cutting a somewhat large hole in the strut tower.
I didn't bother making the patch piece perfectly to size, because it was at a very awkward spot on the strut tower. There's a "bump out" from the factory, and it's where 2 panels meet. Not a fun patch, but it turned out OK after it was done.
I also cut and re-mounted the fuse box mount strap a little lower. Can't really see it from the picture though.
Also went to the two pick-n-pulls near me on Saturday. I was disappointed to see that there's still only 2, 93-01 Impreza's total
between both places.....and both have been there almost 2 years.
So even though they didn't have anything I really needed, I did grab a new passenger fender plug.